• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Potential Mass Buy on Hunsaker Seats

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Would anyone be interested in a mass buy on Hunsaker seats? I've been running a set of the Synkros for a year now and they're fantastic. Drive the Bronco 6-7 hours and no back pain, etc... Full suspension seat, memory foam bottom/back, 15 position recline, harness compatible and VERY comfortable.

They've recently released their Icon seats as well, with less side bolster, similar in appearance to the PRP Daily Drivers.

Check them out online and let me know what you think:
http://www.hunsakersports.com/shop/

I am buying a pair, most likely the Icons, but if I can get a couple more folks involved we can get the price down, or maybe free shipping on a pair.

You can see a set of the Synkros in my '83 BB here:
DSC00060.JPG

Joe

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Are those really 340 for a pair? Thats a pretty good deal to start with, if you can get some free shipping set up I might sell some plasma and get a pair. I like the syncros.

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Are those really 340 for a pair?

Yes, they are really that price. I'm still waiting for word back on what pricing break we'll get, but at least I know they're willing and that's half the battle.

The worst thing that'll happen is we'll get 4 folks interested and I can become a dealer and cut us all a break.
Joe

mnido

I would be interested,do you know of a bench seat that may somewhat match for the rear ? I live in San Diego...

jimbo11

Loc.
columbus
seats

Would anyone be interested in a mass buy on Hunsaker seats? I've been running a set of the Synkros for a year now and they're fantastic. Drive the Bronco 6-7 hours and no back pain, etc... Full suspension seat, memory foam bottom/back, 15 position recline, harness compatible and VERY comfortable.

They've recently released their Icon seats as well, with less side bolster, similar in appearance to the PRP Daily Drivers.

Check them out online and let me know what you think:
http://www.hunsakersports.com/shop/

I am buying a pair, most likely the Icons, but if I can get a couple more folks involved we can get the price down, or maybe free shipping on a pair.

You can see a set of the Synkros in my '83 BB here:
DSC00060.JPG

Joe

Now im a man who likes a second helping of meat and potatoes...i stand 6'3 and weigh 315 lbs...These seats would be killer in my 66....i would be interested if these seats would fit my LARGE frame....anybody else a large man and using these seats? Big Jim

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Now I'm a man who likes a second helping of meat and potatoes...i stand 6'3 and weigh 315 lbs...Big Jim

Well, I'm about 5' 11" and 270, so dimensionally, we're probably close.

The Synkros are a bit snug on my sides, the Icons are about 2" wider. I prefer to be snug in the seat, but not pressed and the Synkros are just right. I'm planning to go with the Icons because of the lower sides, so it's easier to slide in/out of them.
Joe

green77bronco

Loc.
SAn Antonio,TX
How hard would these be to mount in a Bronco. Could you use your stock brakets, or use the universal brackets. Or just make your own. I've been looking for seats but wanted to buy the seats and Bronco specific brackets. But for the price I don't mind modifing/making my own if I have to.

Rick

Amac70

ME
Are those really 340 for a pair? Thats a pretty good deal to start with, if you can get some free shipping set up I might sell some plasma and get a pair. I like the syncros.

I could probally sell some of titos plasma too and may be half way into getting a pair.

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
How hard would these be to mount in a Bronco.
Rick

On the drivers side you should be able to drill directly through the floor where the 4 bolts go through. Add some good thick washers and it's fine.

On the passenger side three of the four bolts will go right into the body, the 4th would float. I'd drill the small bolt out, then add a longer bolt and run it through an appropriately sized spacer (1/2" diameter section of tube). I've mounted them like this in the past and had good luck.

Personally, if you really wheel hard and anticipate that your actions *COULD* lead to a roll, then I'd mount them to the cage. The life you save may be your own.

I once endo rolled and the front 3 body mounts on the drivers side pulled through the frame. As in the poly bushing/washer/nut setup that USED to be below the frame was now sitting on top of it. I've learned I need to mount my seats to my cage.
Joe

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Joe-

About how far from the moutning platform to top of bottom cushion. I am a tall guy (6'4") and need a low mounted seats. Generally the full suspension seats sit up higher and put my LOS through the Bestop bikini top riser.

Yellow76

Joe, I might be interested as well. I looked at the website and didn't see any matching back seats. Do you know if they make any or not? I need new front seats but for the kids and riders in the back it would be nice to have something besides the old bench seat. Thanks for doing this. Let me know please.

Shawn

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Joe-

About how far from the mounting platform to top of bottom cushion. I am a tall guy (6'4") and need a low mounted seats. Generally the full suspension seats sit up higher and put my LOS through the Bestop bikini top riser.

From the bottom of the slider bracket to the top of the seat cushion (without any weight on it) is about 6" at the front edge of the seat and about 4.25" at the back where the cheeks rest.
Joe

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Joe, I looked at the website and didn't see any matching back seats. Do you know if they make any or not? Shawn

As far as I know Hunsaker does not make back seats. They're primarily a race seat manufacturer.

For the back I like the PRP bench seats and Scott at Rockbuggysupply is a great guy to deal with. I don't believe PRP does vinyl or leather seats, but they do a bunch of different colored cloth options. I have a set of the pre-teen seats my two youngest have outgrown I need to sell, in case that's your current situation.
Joe

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Do you have a link to the seats you were running with the littles? I am looking for some for mine as they will be too big for their car seats after too long.