• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project Crawln68 (New pics 12/11/05)

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Third, I cut this section out of the inner fender side.

Attachments

• 100_0507.JPG
    100_0507.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 150
OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Fourth, put the cut out section of the inner fender into place all the way back to the tail gate. Now all I need to do is cut out a new piece of 18 gauge sheet metal to fill the cut out section. ;D

Attachments

• 100_0508.JPG
    100_0508.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_0509.JPG
    100_0509.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 92

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Sweet. Do you think you really would have ran into trouble stuffing the tire in there with the full width axles?

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Tgure said:
Sweet. Do you think you really would have ran into trouble stuffing the tire in there with the full width axles?

It looked like the tire could/would have hit the the inner fender. It's not the best angle, but in this pic you can see how far that inner fender hung down. Because I moved my rear axle back 4 inches on the frame, I had to move my fender cut out back 4 inches to keep it centered on the tire. This put it pretty close to that inner fender hanging down there.

Attachments

• 100_0489.JPG
    100_0489.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 175

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Ahh thats right I forgot you moved the rear back. Did you do your floor pans yet? The passenger 1 piece pan kinda sucked I ended up cutting it in half to get it installed. Shoulda ordered the two pice to begin with. %)

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Tgure said:
Ahh thats right I forgot you moved the rear back. Did you do your floor pans yet? The passenger 1 piece pan kinda sucked I ended up cutting it in half to get it installed. Shoulda ordered the two pice to begin with. %)

No, I didn't get to the floor pans yet. I got too excited about putting the body on and cutting the fenders. ;D So that's what I did all weekend. I'll get started on the floor pans this week. I was wondering how easy those floor pans were going to go in. Did the drivers side go in okay? I have the one piece passenger side piece too. :-[

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
I didn't get to the drivers side yet, but I bet it will go in easy since it is smaller pan. The passenger side took most of my time. The other thing that sucks is I replaced the seat platform and neither it or the passenger pan comes with the angled piece behind the tunnel cover, so now I have to make that piece. %)

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Made some more progress on the passenger side floor pan tonight. I put in over 100 self tapping sheet metal screws :eek: and then over 100 spot welds. I not a professional by any means, but I think that it came out pretty nice. Now it's on to the driver’s side. :cool:

Attachments

• 100_0510.JPG
    100_0510.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 339
  • 100_0511.JPG
    100_0511.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 197
  • 100_0512.JPG
    100_0512.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

ChappDogg

Loc.
Fargo for now
Very Nice Work

Saying great job on your Bronco is an understatement, that is nice work. I am getting ready to do the same or similar work. I was wondering if you could write something out that talked about what you did, the order you did it in and measurements, etc. I'm replacing my front floor pan, kick panels, inner fenders, cowl assy (have a good used replacement) and inner rocker panels. I'm looking for front clip measurements. Mine right now is "Beer can" replacement job. I want to keep to see how true and straight my front clip is now, so I can return my Bronco to true form. I have received a few measurements of the door area, front post, etc. If you have anything I would greatly appreciate the help.

ChappDogg

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
ChappDogg said:
Saying great job on your Bronco is an understatement, that is nice work. I am getting ready to do the same or similar work. I was wondering if you could write something out that talked about what you did, the order you did it in and measurements, etc. I'm replacing my front floor pan, kick panels, inner fenders, cowl assy (have a good used replacement) and inner rocker panels. I'm looking for front clip measurements. Mine right now is "Beer can" replacement job. I want to keep to see how true and straight my front clip is now, so I can return my Bronco to true form. I have received a few measurements of the door area, front post, etc. If you have anything I would greatly appreciate the help.

ChappDogg

Sure. What "front clip" measurement are you looking for? I can take some measurements if I know what exactly what you are looking for.

ChappDogg

Loc.
Fargo for now
Measurements

crawln68 said:
Sure. What "front clip" measurement are you looking for? I can take some measurements if I know what exactly what you are looking for.
Thanks for the help! I got two measurements from 2bad, but I wanted a few more to go off of. I'll tell you what I have to work with first. The only front body piece I'm keeping is the firewall. I have new kick panels, inner fenders, a used cowl assy, inner rocker panels, and floor pan. Not much to work with. If I could get a measurement from the firewall to the inside edge of the core support. Any inside measurement from inner fender to inner fender front and rear. Maybe a measurement from inside door post to door post. Also any measurement you think I might need to help out. I'll try to insert a link to my thread that has pictures of my project. I trying to make sure that everything squares up, if I need to tweek it I will. I just do not have anything solid to go off of. Thanks again for the help.

http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67412

ChappDogg

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
I was able to make some progress today. I got the drivers side floor pan all welded in. Now, I know your asking yourself, what is that raised up section at the back of the floor pan by where your right heel will be, right? Well....I had to notch that section up right there because I clocked my 205 t-case up 2 to 3 inches so it wouldn't hang below the frame. I have a 2 inch body lift, but it wasn't quite enough. If I had a 3 inch body lift, it probably would have cleared just fine. Oops, live and learn and suppose. :p I also did some repair on the tunnel cover from the PO hack job! ;D

Attachments

• 100_0535.JPG
    100_0535.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 100_0527.JPG
    100_0527.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 282
  • 100_0526.JPG
    100_0526.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 282
OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Been busy stretching my rear inner fenders so I can stuff my big ol' 38.5 up in there. I also notched my core support forward about 1.5 inches to accommodate the Mustang serpentine set up. Then I put it on the trailer and took in to have the Superliner shot on the underside, in the engine bay and on the interior. I should have it back this weekend. :p

Attachments

• 100_0606.JPG
    100_0606.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 207
  • 100_0607.JPG
    100_0607.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 100_0608.JPG
    100_0608.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 100_0609.JPG
    100_0609.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 191

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Lookin good. So will you be running a family cage? If so where will you mount it in the rear since your wheel tubs were moved back?

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Tgure said:
Lookin good. So will you be running a family cage? If so where will you mount it in the rear since your wheel tubs were moved back?

I am having a Crab family cage built with custom rear mounts that go right between the end of the inner fender wells and the tail gate. They came out great!

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
What lift is that 3.5"?
How much further back is the 205 using the 203 doubler?
What I'm getting at is on my 205 I had to lower it 2" below the frame so the front driveline wouldn't bind at full suspension drop. I run a wristed radius arm and get lots of flex so its a concern. You will to with the cage arms.
I like the side mount for the 205 you built. I have about 1/4" of space between that area of the t-case and the frame. I was unable to make a mount with 1/4" of space. Now that you raised yours above it gives me some ideas for more t-case support. How about the rear driveline, any bind there? If I raise mine I'll have to run those Tom Woods offset u-joints or get a special set up from high angle driveline for more drop without bind.
Nice job by the way, I remember when mine looked that purty.