• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project "Lethal White" (2.5 years and back on the road at last)

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Thanks,

I am hoping to get the rear seat in tonight and perhaps the dash and steering colum this weekend. I will roll it out this weekend and take some decent pictures.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I got the dash full wired this weekend. While I am not an electrician, I figured out the wiring for the centech harness. I got comfortable and took my time. I also got the seat belts mounted and the rest of the carpet in.

Here is a shot of the dashboard. It is looking good at this point.
Dashboard.jpg

Here is my new Dakota Digital gauge. It is a little modern, but I like it.
DakotaGauge.jpg

The wiring was not that bad. I had all the correct tools, so I muddle through it.
DashwiringGauge.jpg

Here is some of the switch wiring. Also note that I taped a piece of cardboard (Painted Black) over the speaker grill in the dash. That way you won't be looking at wiring.
Dashwiringmid.jpg

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Looking awesome, I can't wait to see it when it is all done.

How do you like the 2008 Roush P-51A Mustang, my friend has a 428R with the bigger blower, I think the same one on your car. He has it running 10.8 in the 1/4 mile

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Looks great, but I'd find something other than cardboard to put behind that grille. I foresee humidity making it look hagard and it being a pain to replace it with something else later.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great work - very clean job so far. I like the digital dash look too - makes it modern.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Looking awesome, I can't wait to see it when it is all done.

How do you like the 2008 Roush P-51A Mustang, my friend has a 428R with the bigger blower, I think the same one on your car. He has it running 10.8 in the 1/4 mile

The car is amazing! It has so much torque that it will snap your neck if you put your foot into it. I had a Stage 3 before this (417 H.P.) and that car is positively anemic compared to the P-51A.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Looks great, but I'd find something other than cardboard to put behind that grille. I foresee humidity making it look hagard and it being a pain to replace it with something else later.

It is coated card stock. It is actually very moisture resistant. It should hold up just fine.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Very cool man.. Got to feel good making progress.. too many things to do & not enough time...

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Glad to see you were able to get thru it...

There are some things I am still confused about the wiring. The Centech directions leave much to be desired. I have three hurtles to cover in the engine compartment.

1) I have a one wire alternator so the Centech directions are not going to work there.

2) I have a mini hi torque starter with solenoid on the starter so the Centech directions are not going to work there.

3) I have an HEI distributor, so the directions won't work there either.

I am sure that I will figure it out.

Chris B.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
There is a wire for the HEI, there should be a page with distributor options. I will take a look at which wire goes there. I also have a 1 wire alternator, ah damn, be back in a sec.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Tito,

The Hei, should be simple just connect the Coil wire (12volt - no resistor) to the power on the HEI. The other connection on the HEI is for the Tach.

The Alternator is more confusing to me. and the Starter is confusing me also as the Ford solenoid has the two small terminals and the Hi-Torque only has on small terminal I believe. I need to check to make sure.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I have the blue ign pwr hooked to the batt side, think that is all you need on it since the rest is internal.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Yeah not sure on the second post for the solenoid section, its been a while since I worked on a chevy ;D
But my alt (big chrome summit 1 wire) just has the power cable on it going straight to the front side solenoid and the front side solenoid to the batt. The back side of the solenoid I have going to the starter.
Dont forget you can still run a solenoid with the chevy starter, I did, worked as a backup, I had a mini chev style at first till the engine shop burned it up. If you do this you wire your solenoid like usual and just put a jumper between the posts on the starter that way it is waiting on the other solenoid to send it signal (not always powered but controlled by it).

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Yeah not sure on the second post for the solenoid section, its been a while since I worked on a chevy ;D
But my alt (big chrome summit 1 wire) just has the power cable on it going straight to the front side solenoid and the front side solenoid to the batt. The back side of the solenoid I have going to the starter.
Dont forget you can still run a solenoid with the chevy starter, I did, worked as a backup, I had a mini chev style at first till the engine shop burned it up. If you do this you wire your solenoid like usual and just put a jumper between the posts on the starter that way it is waiting on the other solenoid to send it signal (not always powered but controlled by it).

I thought about doing that and I just may. In fact, that is what I will do. Sometimes I just need a little back and forth to talk my way through it.

Thanks,

Chris

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Ok, I need to take some pictures, because I have done a lot since last time I posted to this. I have all the electrical completed (98 % ). I have the Best Top installed (fits great!). I got the steering colum partially installed (Chrome, tilt, Ididt Colum - awsome!). I ordered a fan and fan shroud today (the electric Fan will not fit!). I am ordering windshield glass today as well. I am driving this thing by Christmas or else! I will post some pictures tomorrow!

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
if you cant drive it by christmas, have someone push you down the driveway after riging a fan on the window so you get the wind in you hair feeling....