• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Radiator fan blade bolt size?

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anyone know the thread and length of the (4) bolts that hold the fan blade on if you have a stock double pulley? I went from a single pulley that uses a thick spacer to a double pulley where you use the small stock spacer which make me old bolts to long. Old bolts are just over 2 3/8" long and bottom out. Wanted to grab (4) shorter ones tomorrow and thought I'd ask you guys before trying to pull one out of another Bronco. Need the length and size. They are fine thread

Thanks,

Andy

Last edited:

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not off the top of my head, but all you have to do is take one to the hardware store, use their thread checker to
figure out the thread and buy some shorter bolts. Easy peezy.

bigjhoov

nobody
5/16" fine

Take your fan, pulley , and spacer and put them together off the truck. Run your old bolt through the assembly and see how much too long it is. you want about 1/4" of stick out.

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, I didn't think the pulley mounting flange itself was a different thickness. Maybe you can use the new pulley with the old spacer and bolts. What you do want is the fan 1/3 in and 2/3 out of the shroud. Good luck