• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ragin' Cajun gets a heart donor

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
coachbarnes said:
I was thinkin' the 600 w/Elect choke myself. Is the pressure regulator necessary? I think my mechanical pump delivers about 6-8 psi..I've never used a pressure reg on a mechanical pump..why do you do that?
The bypass unit keeps pressure at a more steady pressure than the typical units and because the fuel is constantly circulating it stays cooler in the fuel lines, so vapor lock is not as common. And by having cooler fuel you gain a little HP (Prolly very little though).
What does the off-road needle do for ya?
Basically the same as the by-pass reg. Youwill prolly not need it but that one time you do..... You know what I'm buildin'..not one of those rock crawlin' things -- I'm gonna go fast..real fast..but upright, not upside down! ;D
Edelbrock also sells something called a "calibration kit" for this carb -- it's $45..what the heck is that? They also sell an Idle Compensator that raises idle speed when A/C is on..pretty expensive at $85 -- have you ever seen that? probably something I could do if I had idle problems with stock install.
I would get these items as well. You will want a good dyno shop to dial in your ride. I had this done to my RV before moving/driving it to Houston. Makes a big diff. compared to just bolting on a carb and running it. But you may want to talk to which ever dyno shop first as they my provide needed items at a reasonable price

Me and the boys moved the motor from the hoist to the stand today. Got an awesome stand at Northern for $60! Also started pulling the C4 out of the racer..that's the one I'm putting back into the '74.

Does Alvin have it painted yet?? ;D ;D
Yep, we painted it this weekend. You did want cow print, right? ;D