• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Random Questions

Capertrj

Both of my doors are difficult to close completely. The driver side is more difficult. The posts on the windows seem to be loose and the top portion of the door moves when driving. It is fully secure but it seems the posts are getting week. Should a body shop be able to spot weld the posts to secure the top half of the door? Any tips on closing the doors easier?

I also have about a 1.5" lean where the driver side sits lower than the passenger side. The bronco was sitting for 7 years so someone suggested the coils might be worn out. I just find it odd that only the driver side is sagging instead of both. Any ideas?

Last one. I just fixed my brake light switch and put a new flasher in for the blinkers but they still aren't working. All nights including hazard lights work. Is there a switch in the column?

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Pictures help a lot. I would have to see the door posts as I am guessing they are rotted (very common) for your doors. Of the window frames are loose, then yes a body shop could fix if the welds are broke. For the lean, it is more common that the trailing arms are not even with each other. Go to Wild Horses website and check out the "I lean" detail, if someone changed the suspension or replaced the C business, it is easy to get them out of time with each other resulting in a lean. My bronco had the stock suspension and it leaned as well, turned out a C bush was dry rotted bad on one side so it let the arms get out of timing. All but the door posts are an easy fix for little money... but again I am guessing on your posts, need to see photos to be more certain.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
You should also fill in your information as year of Bronco and other information sometimes is important. Like early door window frames were bolted in and later ones welded in. Listing that information up front helps us help you. Even location helps some as maybe there is a local Bronco support staff nearby willing to help point fingers at the problem.