• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Raptors 3 link thread and 99-04 dana 60 swap.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
The Ballistic retainers work just fine if you over tighten the bolt and dish the retaining plate, been using that design longer than they've been in business........ It works if the bolt is tight enough.

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
The Ballistic retainers work just fine if you over tighten the bolt and dish the retaining plate, been using that design longer than they've been in business........ It works if the bolt is tight enough.

That's good to hear!

mavereq

Bronco Guru
I'm running the duff coil cups front and rear. I really like the way they allow the coil to lift at full droop. I can really stretch the coils out.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Well last night was a blast. The drivers side lockout has chosen to challenge me in single combat to the death. I dealt it many blows with my war hammer and will remove the rest of it in pieces with the drill and air hammer tonight.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
i haven't seen any 30 spline. solidaxle has decent prices but only offer 35 and 40.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Stock are 30 right? As long and any 60 slug fits in the unit bearing hub then yukon sells some 30 spline ones. I think they are like 250.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Stock are 30 right? As long and any 60 slug fits in the unit bearing hub then yukon sells some 30 spline ones. I think they are like 250.

Yes the Yukon ones will work just fine, just be sure to use locktite on the bolts, they will back off and fall out without it. If you were in the market for some 35 spline, I'd make you deal for close to 1/2 that.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Aluminum got all flaky and coroded then it froze up in the hub. It soaked for days and just would not budge.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Yes the Yukon ones will work just fine, just be sure to use locktite on the bolts, they will back off and fall out without it. If you were in the market for some 35 spline, I'd make you deal for close to 1/2 that.

Yeah then I'd need 35spline outers. We both know that's going to happen just like I knew a 60 was going to happen when I broke two 44 joints in 2 days. When it happens is another matter.

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Raptor, I don't know if you are interested in lockouts, but I have a set of 30 spline warn hubs I would let for for $100 shipped if you are interested. I have outer stubs too if you need spares.

Last edited:
OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Raptor, I don't know if you are interested in lockouts, but I have a set of 30 spline warn hubs I would let for for $100 shipped if you are interested. I have outer stubs too if you need spares.

Hey thanks! that saves a ton! Are you in a hurry? I need my tax money to do my final roundup of parts.

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru

I'll take them!

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
You sir have a deal, I'll take two lockouts and two stubs if ya got em.

Zip 73507 PM me price.

I will get a shipping number and let you know. The parts are in the pic below, but I will clean it all up before I ship.

Todd

DD9832C2-F219-442C-ADB6-CC4B297B96FC_zpsjhpoyl5j.jpg