• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Raptors EFI swap problems update,IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Time for an Update.

It smokes, bad. Kinda like it's rich but I know that is not the case. I drained the gas and it was almost blue/yellow. It had almost a gallon of various snake oils in it.

The question I pose is how close does the timing need to be? If I put it in at 10* BTDC after it's warm. Then plug in the spout and re-start it should be fine. I am having a hard time with the symptom though.

It revs quick, Idles fine, but falls on it's face if you put it in gear and give it gas. It dies out sputters and backfires. I'm going to set the timing again and put clean fresh fuel in.

got a spare ecu? if not borrow one and try it

NYLES

Bronco Guru
So is it still giving you problems once you set it to *10 ?

I figured your big bang last night might have just been all that unburned fuel you dumped into the exhaust.

I been down that road took it running over an hour for it to clear up

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Then Im lookin back at the dizzy part thingy that should be stamped "Ill die and screw up your world if you even think about looking at me funny"!

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I wish thi said "HP at the tank return to the the tank".

Let the Kid fix it! Henry can get it DONE!

After I reset the timing and get clean gas in it the next step is putting the pump at the tank.

Beyond that I think I will let Henry have a crack at it.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Fuel filters? Even for now take them out just to see if it helps

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
Glad to see you going back at it!

You did remember that the paint mark on that balancer was at TDC, not 10* right?

Don't hesitate to call me if you need any help.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Glad to see you going back at it!

You did remember that the paint mark on that balancer was at TDC, not 10* right?

Don't hesitate to call me if you need any help.

I blacked out the old mark and painted a new one at 10* So just how perfect does the timing need to be?

Gary my old phone is ded, please send me a text so I have your number and text me your address so I can send you back your puller.