• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rare Bronco options

66Bronco

Spotlamp accessary

Sorry this isn't too clear a scan.

spotlight-vi.jpg

-Terry

Karl's 68

Loc.
green bay
Hi,
Thanks for all the information. It looks like I have original '66 mirror, spotlight and louvered speaker cover. Trying to find out if my truck is a roadster. I cannot find the VIN number. It is definitely a '66. I don't think it is a roadster because it was purchased in Wisconsin. I assume not many roadsters were sold here. It does have these features though. Did roadsters come with holes drilled in the bedrail for a top? The one I have does have a bulkhead and silver benchseat but the drilled holes might have been done by someone at a later time. One last question does the spot light possibly have GE across the front of the glass?
Thanks,
Karl and Jen

mike.l

Loc.
Milwaukee,WI
Karl's 68 said:
Hi,
Thanks for all the information. It looks like I have original '66 mirror, spotlight and louvered speaker cover. Trying to find out if my truck is a roadster. I cannot find the VIN number. It is definitely a '66. I don't think it is a roadster because it was purchased in Wisconsin. I assume not many roadsters were sold here. It does have these features though. Did roadsters come with holes drilled in the bedrail for a top? The one I have does have a bulkhead and silver benchseat but the drilled holes might have been done by someone at a later time. One last question does the spot light possibly have GE across the front of the glass?
Thanks,
Karl and Jen

If you can't find the vin, how do you know it was purchased in WI. Most probably came from south or west, but there are some from the north. Mine has a NY DSO.

Original roadsters didn't have holes drilled for a hard or soft top. Holes would've been drilled by the dealer if a soft top was optioned. Mine doesn't have any holes drilled for a top.

dhfastback

I dont consider these a option, but how about a delete list? I purchased a 77 Bronco from the local township, saw it around town since I was a kid. It had radio delete, no hubcaps, no dash pad, the top was never off the truck, and the aux gas tank door was screwed shut from Ford, The gas door was there but no tank or switches were ever installed.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I dont consider these a option, but how about a delete list? I purchased a 77 Bronco from the local township, saw it around town since I was a kid. It had radio delete, no hubcaps, no dash pad, the top was never off the truck, and the aux gas tank door was screwed shut from Ford, The gas door was there but no tank or switches were ever installed.

I have the same type of 77, no dash pad(no screw holes), no headliner (no screw holes), no radio, but it has a remote drivers mirror.

OakleyBronco

Loc.
Cedar Grove
A pretty reputable local ford mechanic said he was working for a dealership in 76 and they had a railroad company order a dozen or so broncos bonestock with an I6, except they added NP435 as the tranny. He said they had him install AC 'cause it was cheaper to have him install it at the dealership instead of buying it as an option. Next time I think about it I'm going to pick him for more info.

66Bronco

Hi,
Thanks,
Karl and Jen

The one I have does have GE across the front of the glass.

-Terry

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok here is one that I have run across a few times in pics. I think these are pretty rare. This option consisted of reflectors that are mounted on the grill just above the signal lights. Seem to be on '68's and 69's from what I can tell. Someone on here posted a Ford schematic/ drawing of the grill and it had these listed as a part# at one time. Does anyone have that drawing? Please post it or send it to me. Anyone else have or seen these reflectors? Here are pics of three different Broncos that have them.

Thanks Much,

Blue71

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 256

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
A pretty reputable local ford mechanic said he was working for a dealership in 76 and they had a railroad company order a dozen or so broncos bonestock with an I6, except they added NP435 as the tranny. He said they had him install AC 'cause it was cheaper to have him install it at the dealership instead of buying it as an option. Next time I think about it I'm going to pick him for more info.

Those would be rare broncos of course that would need to be verified somehow bill of sale? as the I6 wasnt availible in 76 (although I guess it could be a specail ordered item)and the NP435 was never a option must have been a dealer built bronco. Probably used a advance adapters adapter to install the tranny as nothing else was availible at the time not even sure AA had a 435 adapter in 76 have to look at some of my old catalogs. I dont believe A/C was ever a Factory option I believe it was always dealer installed. Seems like it would cost way more to go that route than it would be worth but big companies do strange things.

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Ok here is one that I have run across a few times in pics. I think these are pretty rare. This option consisted of reflectors that are mounted on the grill just above the signal lights. Seem to be on '68's and 69's from what I can tell. Someone on here posted a Ford schematic/ drawing of the grill and it had these listed as a part# at one time. Does anyone have that drawing? Please post it or send it to me. Anyone else have or seen these reflectors? Here are pics of three different Broncos that have them.

Thanks Much,

Blue71

Here you go:
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63370

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Probably used a advance adapters adapter to install the tranny as nothing else was availible at the time not even sure AA had a 435 adapter in 76 have to look at some of my old catalogs.

AA had their adapter in '76 - December '76 issue of Four Wheeler magazine had a "how-to" article on how to install the 435 in the EBs. I used it as a guide when I first installed mine years ago.

Todd Z.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Attachments

• Grill Reflector.jpg
    Grill Reflector.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

broncojack

Contributor

Thanks Much,

Blue71

Here are some more!
Jack

Attachments

• sales1.jpg
    sales1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 271
  • sales2.jpg
    sales2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 263
  • sales3.jpg
    sales3.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 289

cactushorse

Thanks Much,

Blue71

Are these part of a Snowplow setup? One pic shows the side markers just below the beltline trim.

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Here is a 77 with the camper option. Its kinda cool actually. This is one I was looking to buy in CO.

A kid in windsor Colorado bought that truck. My dad traded some extra bronco parts we had for that camper. We are currently in the process of restoring the campers interior and will be putting it on his 71. We looked that truck over pretty good and while it was obviously pretty rusty it looks much worse with the camper off.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Thanks for the update, I was about ready to get it and drag it home till I found one local (no camper though).

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
the only thing wrong with that camper is it Aint mine,
Hell, if I had motor of my dreams and that camper I could sell three rigs%)

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Has anyone ever seen a 1973 or 1974 Ranger model with a 200 6cyl? That was a factory setup.

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
I am sure that I have seen one over the years , but Probably quickly walked the other direction and looked for another V8:-X