• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rare Bronco options

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nope. Aftermarket.
First factory dual shocks came on the first gen Big Broncos.

What type is your setup? Welded-on plate on the front of your spring tower?
That was the typical setup back when. Offered by Stroppe, so I guess it could be almost considered a "factory" option after '71, but that's stretching it a bit.
Likely a dealer or PO put them on.

That's what I remember anyway, lots of good info with the guys that have all the early documentation and sales brochures. Maybe at some point Ford offered them on EB's, but I don't remember ever seeing it.

Paul

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Nope. Aftermarket.
First factory dual shocks came on the first gen Big Broncos.

What type is your setup? Welded-on plate on the front of your spring tower?
That was the typical setup back when. Offered by Stroppe, so I guess it could be almost considered a "factory" option after '71, but that's stretching it a bit.
Likely a dealer or PO put them on.

That's what I remember anyway, lots of good info with the guys that have all the early documentation and sales brochures. Maybe at some point Ford offered them on EB's, but I don't remember ever seeing it.

Paul

You're absolutely correct, Paul.

Todd Z.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No. So now, naturally you're obligated to supply more pics of your Bronco for the rest of us to oggle.

Paul

Mowillie

Loc.
Boerne, Tx
total chrome package

i dont know how rare this chrome package was...but it is still in very good condition on my EB.
rocker molding below the doors
trim around the entire vehicle...ie sides, rear corners, and back.
bezel around front grill
bezel around every window
chrome around the drip rail
chrome roof rack with the roof slats
i am going to redo my hard top this winter, and just read a thread about removing the drip rail...and that it will never be the same after removal...i guess i will be masking it instead.
here are some pics.

Attachments

• chorme1.jpg
    chorme1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 101
  • chrome2.jpg
    chrome2.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 111
  • chrome3.jpg
    chrome3.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 93
  • chrome4.jpg
    chrome4.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 83
  • chrome5.jpg
    chrome5.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 101

redneck0372

Loc.
Lebanon,OR
after reading all this found out that my 67 came with a radio delete, bucket seats with the bulkhead back seat delete, roadster mirror mounts and mirrors a spotlight and a dome light in the wiper cover still have the bulkhead but the mirrors are gone so's the dome light and the spotlight

66Bronco

after reading all this found out that my 67 came with a radio delete, bucket seats with the bulkhead back seat delete, roadster mirror mounts and mirrors a spotlight and a dome light in the wiper cover still have the bulkhead but the mirrors are gone so's the dome light and the spotlight

Your '67 should have come from the factory with vacuum wipers. There was no wiper cover with dome light in '67.

-Terry

redneck0372

Loc.
Lebanon,OR
yeah your right the navy changed the wipers over so i guess it didnt have the dome light from the fact but the hole is in the cover i have

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
i dont know how rare this chrome package was...but it is still in very good condition on my EB.
bezel around front grill
i am going to redo my hard top this winter, and just read a thread about removing the drip rail...and that it will never be the same after removal...i guess i will be masking it instead.
here are some pics.

You forgot the chrome parking brake release knob and door lock knobs.

Attachments

• Bronco 400.jpg
    Bronco 400.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 104
  • Bronco 401.jpg
    Bronco 401.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 58

4G5

Loc.
Newport News,VA
My 69 has the bracket for the spare to be mounted on the pass side. It was called the Ranch Hand or something like that, it allowed you to have full use of your tailgate keeping the spare tire out of your way.

One of my '69's had that too. I took it off though, now that I think about it, that was pretty stupid.

MpCrewcab

Loc.
Jefferson, WI
Has anyone seen a clock in a glovebox door? a local guy said he has a bronco and thought that it was factory. Havent seen it in person or ever heard of it....might be some wonderful addition also from a PO but.....

anyone seen/heard of it?

4G5

Loc.
Newport News,VA
bezel around front grill
here are some pics.

my '69 sport has that too. i haven't seen any other roof racks like ours though. mine is identical to what you have.

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Tito,

Those window screens look very similar to these that Kayline offered in this '66 Four Wheeler ad:

I guess Ford offered them as well as aftermarket vendors, but they may have been made by the same producer and simply restocked.

Here is a new one to keep the thread going and maybe spark some new info. Got these from a longtime falcon parts dealer here in Portland, he is closing up shop and slowly going through all of his NOS stuff. The box says pn C6TZ-9620146-A on it.

Attachments

• img497.jpg
    img497.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 147

Revelation

Bronco Guru
77 with no dash pad or mounting holes. I figure it was in the last of the run and they ran out of Dash pads.