• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rare Bronco options

Broncitis

MEB Founder
FoMoCo Roof mount hand remote controlled spotlight.

I got this NOS one off ebay and we just installed it on our current build since it will go great with our service station theme.

Instructions include a pic of a Bronco and dimensions where to drill holes in Bronco top.

A reproduction of the wrecker boom pictured above might be a future addition for this rig since it is a '67 U14 in the same color as that one which was on the back cover of the '67 dealer sales brochure.

Attachments

• CIMG9745.jpg
    CIMG9745.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 98
  • CIMG9746.jpg
    CIMG9746.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 118
  • CIMG9743.jpg
    CIMG9743.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 126
  • CIMG9733.jpg
    CIMG9733.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 115

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Nice. Here are a couple pages from the '72 dealer accessories brochure for that spotlight.

Attachments

• 72accessories_05.jpg
    72accessories_05.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 72accessories-pricelist_11.jpg
    72accessories-pricelist_11.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 72

Broncitis

MEB Founder
The spotlight was a dealer option, yours even looks mounted correctly. The flairs are aftermarket.

Just looking back though the thread and saw this light.

Did FoMoCo also use the teardrop style (Unity Mfg.) light at well?

I have Unity hand controlled spots on the A-pillars of the Balloon Chaser Ambulance and F-100 that Stroppe or RVI added on.

Viper, thanks for posting the info you had on this spotlight!

Attachments

• ww-20.jpg
    ww-20.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 117

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Nice. Here are a couple pages from the '72 dealer accessories brochure for that spotlight.

Very interesting. I guess the C9 engineering number on the light explains why I wasn't able to find it in the earlier years accessories catalogs.

Drew - I don't think I've ever seen the Unity lights ever listed specifically for the Broncos (they're shown in the Econoline section in the '67 catalog, for example) but that certainly doesn't mean they weren't used - your Ambulance is a perfect example. And I've seen them on other trucks in person and in photos.

I think it would be perfectly appropriate to put one on your service station half cab.

Todd Z.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Very interesting. I guess the C9 engineering number on the light explains why I wasn't able to find it in the earlier years accessories catalogs.

Drew - I don't think I've ever seen the Unity lights ever listed specifically for the Broncos (they're shown in the Econoline section in the '67 catalog, for example) but that certainly doesn't mean they weren't used - your Ambulance is a perfect example. And I've seen them on other trucks in person and in photos.

I think it would be perfectly appropriate to put one on your service station half cab.

Todd Z.

You can still buy Unity lights and the Bronco specific A-pillar adapter though NAPA as Krawlers Edge used on the Black Pearl build.

Actually, my question was if FoMoCo also used the teardrop style on the roof as in the pic I reposted above from a previous post in this thread.

We just bought another unique NOS option from Steve that we will likely install on this project. I have seen similar in the aftermarket, but did not know it was also available from FoMoCo and has install specs for a Bronco. Pics of that to follow when we get it in. ;D

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
We just bought another unique NOS option from Steve that we will likely install on this project. I have seen similar in the aftermarket, but did not know it was also available from FoMoCo and has install specs for a Bronco. Pics of that to follow when we get it in. ;D

Yeah, get it installed - it should look great!

Todd Z.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Actually, my question was if FoMoCo also used the teardrop style on the roof as in the pic I reposted above from a previous post in this thread.

10-4. I don't know if Ford ever had install instructions to mount them in the roof like that or not.

Todd Z.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
As the brochure states "dealer accessories" If the dealer had a FoMoCo parts source they could use it or they used what they could get locally to satisfied the need. All depends on the dealer. of course a FoMoCo marked part would be more desireable and considered more correct.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
As the brochure states "dealer accessories" If the dealer had a FoMoCo parts source they could use it or they used what they could get locally to satisfied the need. All depends on the dealer. of course a FoMoCo marked part would be more desireable and considered more correct.

Yes, dealers did sometimes add items from the aftermarket, however, the actual FoMoCo issued dealer accessory catalogs had Ford PN's for all FoMoCo approved items such as the FoMoCo and Rotunda branded items and aftermarket items like the Koenig winch, Warn hubs, etc.

A dealer could theoretically install a big chrome swan hood ornament or any other item from the JC Whitney catalog of the day, but IMO that would not make it a "rare Bronco option" as the thread is titled since it was not a factory option or approved item, but rather just a random item a dealer may have installed at the request of a customer to make a sale.

With that said, when I see odd stuff that supposedly was dealer installed, to me it only adds value as far as collectability (or does not detract otherwise in some cases) if there is any type of paperwork that shows it was dealer installed. Otherwise it is just another aftermarket item that might have been installed at any point in time, buy anyone.

patterdale

Bronco Guru
I didn't notice 16" rims on the build sheet? According to my Marti report the 16" rims I have, not mounted on truck, were an option. Were the 16" rims only offered for a # of years? Mine's a 68.

They are listed as an option in my 1970 owners manual.

patterdale

Bronco Guru
Zieberts rust proof Im not sure if the Bronco was treated for rust prevention
as a Dealer add or done later on. There is holes drilled in the rust high risk
ares such as Rockers,door posts,Window frame,Tailgate, tailgate jam,
Doors. Then these areas were injected with some type of rust preventive
chemical and pluged up with plastic plugs that say zieberts rust prevention.
Also the truck was undercoated. Does anyone else have this on there Bronco
It appears to had done a great job. My truck is not rust free but it is solid in
areas treated.

Don't have it on mine but yes it was a dealer add on. I applied a lot it back in the early 80's at the local Ford dealer. Glad to hear it actually worked. It was nasty stuff.

patterdale

Bronco Guru
My dad worked in the St. Paul Assembly plant for 30 yrs. I know they never made Broncos there but this practice might have happened in other plants as well. If a vehicle came through the plant that was ordered by someone who new someone on the line it often was ordered as plain Jane and the buddies on the line would hide the chrome trim and other parts somewhere in the fenders or wherever they could. When the guy got it home he could pull the parts out and install them. It was one way to get the delux model for the price of the base model. It's kind of like the Johnny Cash song "One piece at a time" Probably would never happen today with modern inventory controls. So, there may be some Broncos out there with factory options on them that are not listed on the build sheet or included in the vin #

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
my 69 halfcab 6 cyl came with HD package and factory snowplow. is that rare?

Late years required a V8 with the HD (U142 or U152) package. Early years may not have. I think your snowplow may have dealer installed vs. factory installed.

Attachments

• GVW.jpg
    GVW.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 62

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, it's really hard to say with the marti reports only going 67 and newer. Tomorrow I take delivery of a 66 u142 6cyl with 16" rims, barden rear bumper and old winch bumper combo. Will report with more details.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
John I figured you'd want to see it! Will post up some pics when it lands. I'm a sucker for 16" rims..... And workhorse Broncos in general.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
It may have been mentioned earlier, but I just ran across some pics of the early FoMoCo optional Warn Hubs I took when installing them on our 67 U14 project.

At first glance they appear similar to current Warn Premiums on the outside (however even there they are not: 8 screws vs. 6, solid aluminum housing vs. chromed casting, solid brass dial vs. lacquered aluminum).

Internally they are completely different with lots of machined parts making them up.

Attachments

• DSCN2091.jpg
    DSCN2091.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN2093.jpg
    DSCN2093.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN2094.jpg
    DSCN2094.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN2095.jpg
    DSCN2095.jpg