• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

rear storage

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
At 20" deep, no way. I know its more money but look into one of these... http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-86-014-maximum-storage-security-trunk.aspx

It fits behind the seat and offers significant lockable storage. I bought mine through SAMs offroad or some other similar shop and saved about 35% on the list price.

Granted, I made custom seat mounts for the rear seats, but keeping in mind of where the seat belts and seats mount stock...there is still an inch or two left for the trunk to mount. HTH. Its a qaulity piece... One cool thing about it, is there is just enough room on the sides and under the "arms" to store additional items (Coolant, water jugs, whatever).

As well, I recall seeing recently, at my local Costco, a combo locking tool and storage box that I thought would work well in the back of a Bronco. You might want to check them out. The combo was well under $100.

Attachments

• P1010108.JPG
    P1010108.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 330
  • P1010125.JPG
    P1010125.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 274
  • P1010126.JPG
    P1010126.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 282

peteacher

Loc.
San Antonio
There was a pretty nice one at Costco 35x13x11 I think. Not real deep I don't have a back seat so couldn't tell you if it would fit behind the rear seat

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
costco has one that fits perfect.. last time i checked it was 120.. but that was a month ago and my friends membership expired..

jfleck

Loc.
Richmond
20 inches wide? Only if you move the back seat up towards the front and drill new holes for it. I put the Tuffy trunk in the back of my "Tom's BP Fold & Tumble rear seat" (like the jeep one) and moved it over to the drivers side in order to still work the lever to tumble the seat forward. Still a tight fit but works and will give you a little more storage on the other side of the box. Totally worth the money, I use it all the time.

OP
OP
O

OX1

Bronco Guru

Rockrawl

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Here's my Wal-Mart special ;) It's all plastic but doesn't leak, has a place for a lock and cost about $40.
IMG_4065.jpg

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Rockcrawl your rear seat was moved up from stock correct? I had a box like that and it wouldn't fit behind my stock seat. I wish we had a costco around here as I would like to check out the cargo box that was mentioned.

Ben

OP
OP
O

OX1

Bronco Guru
OX1 buy one and let us know if it fits :cool:

Ben

buy one??, which one?? LOL!!!...........
I don't even have a back seat yet, so anything will fit, right now :p

Going to hit Costco tomorrow and see what they have.

tuffy

Tuffy is going to make a trunk specifically for the Bronco. I believe dimensions are going to be 44" W x 11" D x 19" H. Our design guy is working on drawings today so it shouldn't be too long before they are available. This is a project in conjunction with Wild Horses and they have an order in for the first batch of them already.

75junebug

Loc.
NW Houston Tx
I have the same Rubbermaid $40 walmart box installed in mine. I used 2 pcs of unistrut as a rail system to slide my seat forward or backward, as well as a mounting bracket for the tool box

matt w

Bronco Guru
Tuffy is going to make a trunk specifically for the Bronco. I believe dimensions are going to be 44" W x 11" D x 19" H. Our design guy is working on drawings today so it shouldn't be too long before they are available. This is a project in conjunction with Wild Horses and they have an order in for the first batch of them already.

Just a thought...you could do a slider drawer than goes under the rear seat & then add the rear trunk as an added option. Have the rear trunk on risers or with a rise option that allow access to the drawer in case a customer wants one or the other or both! I know I own your drawer and "wanted" the trunk but did not purchase because it would make my drawer inacesssable....just a thought. I know that might limit trunk storage...but still I like the drawer and will be adding it to my bronco soon!;D

Rockrawl

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
I think so... my Bronco didn't have a back seat when I got it and had several sets of holes in the bed already. That seat is out of my brothers mid 80's CJ that we back-halved & 4-linked. Good luck with your search!

Rockcrawl your rear seat was moved up from stock correct? I had a box like that and it wouldn't fit behind my stock seat. I wish we had a costco around here as I would like to check out the cargo box that was mentioned.

Ben

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Just a thought...you could do a slider drawer than goes under the rear seat & then add the rear trunk as an added option. Have the rear trunk on risers or with a rise option that allow access to the drawer in case a customer wants one or the other or both! I know I own your drawer and "wanted" the trunk but did not purchase because it would make my drawer inacesssable....just a thought. I know that might limit trunk storage...but still I like the drawer and will be adding it to my bronco soon!;D

This is originally what I wanted to do...but the problem ends up being, if you have an adult in the back seat with a full family cage, headroom clearance is a problem. You cant move a stock (or folding) seat up any higher or you could be endangering anyone in the back seat with head trauma in the case of an accident or roll.

As well, the problem with a drawer that goes underneath the seat is the stock seatbelt mounts or the hold-down latch for a fold and tumble-style seat. You have to come up with a different place/design to accomodate either of these anchor points. I would not want a seat-belt anchor fastened through only 16 guage steel...

I didnt even like the 1/8" anchor that came with the fold and tumble, so I remade it to be 2X as thick (1/4"). Works nice, no worries.

OP
OP
O

OX1

Bronco Guru

Any ballpark on price?