• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rebuilding a C4

flaconinja

Loc.
Newport News
So I have a c4 that will need a rebuild soon. I have metal in the fluid and it's acting pretty funny diving it around. I'm thinking I'm going to try to do it myself. So the research begins. Any advice and/or any good links would be appreciated.

Thanks

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
The video is very helpful http://www.badshoeproductions.com/

I got all my parts from Bulkparts also except the converter which I bought locally to avoid shipping.

Also Viperwolf is like a C4 savant! Like he said you are better off taking it apart first to see what you are going to need to you will be order two or three times and waiting for stuff.

Clean everything super good, check all your clearances twice. Keep us posted of your progress.

OP
OP
flaconinja

flaconinja

Loc.
Newport News
Thanks guys, i will keep you posted. Might be a month or two before I get underway. Getting ready to move to Savannah but I wanted to start figuring out what I'm going to need to do.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
watch the video, get the parts and tools, I recommend getting the repair manual pages for c4 as well, open it up and come here and ask questions.