• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rocky Mtn Rendezvous??

coby

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
The Bronco Registry of Northern CO is hosting the Rocky Mountain Rendevous at its old location in Ouray....I've already reserved a spot at the Ouray KOA Kampgrounds, which will be the base of operations. The official days will be Aug 5-7th. Shoot me a note if you're interested in coming. I'm expecting a small group of folks. Should be a blast. :)

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Jason, traditionally it's a 'non-event' type of event. You just show up and 'conveniently' theres a group of other Bronco owners there and we all decide to go check out the local trails... The trails are mostly scenic and not to technical although there are a few that are.

I'm hoping to make it this year myself.

coby

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
Jason, traditionally it's a 'non-event' type of event. You just show up and 'conveniently' theres a group of other Bronco owners there and we all decide to go check out the local trails... The trails are mostly scenic and not to technical although there are a few that are.

I'm hoping to make it this year myself.

Everything he's said has been dead on.

There's another group thinking of doing a bigger event from what I understand, but not in the same location. Hopefully one of those folks will pipe up. I believe they were looking at Buena Vista.

This was started back in '97 or thereabouts as a wheeling event we could bring our wives and kids along with us...not the white knuckle, damage guaranteed kind of wheeling most of us were dong at the time. The trails are legendary, and they will induce pucker factor, but they're not technically challenging (with a built rig you can do them all in 2wd). We have had a rollover and we've had body damage in the past but that's the exception rather than the rule. It's a super enjoyable weekend.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Coby, could you post this some info on the ColoradoClassicBronco website? A few people have been asking about RMR info and I'm not sure if they make it over here.

ZOSO

Coby, could you post this some info on the ColoradoClassicBronco website? A few people have been asking about RMR info and I'm not sure if they make it over here.

Yes please do post up on CCB. As a group we are looking at doing a camping/wheeling around that time of year and around the ouray area. Maybe we can combine our 2 groups.

coby

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
Yes please do post up on CCB. As a group we are looking at doing a camping/wheeling around that time of year and around the ouray area. Maybe we can combine our 2 groups.

Yea, I can do that. Sorry for the slow response; been recovering from some surgery and I've been inconsistent. Blah.

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
If the campground is KOA they may not let me in, I pretty sure I'm still on super secret probation.
Rowdy Steve

Zillacon

Loc.
Hackin Away!
If the campground is KOA they may not let me in, I pretty sure I'm still on super secret probation.
Rowdy Steve
Thats why KOA hasnt called me back with available spots. LOL Maybe I shouldnt have told them we are a Bronco Club. LOL;D

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Rowdy Steve

LOL - The Buena Vista KOA Campground Nazis were the worst I have ever encountered! %)

OP
OP
jw0747

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Don't remember that we had a problem with Ouray KOA at last RMR there 3 yrs ago. unlike the following year at KOA in Buena Vista where the park rules outnumbered the campers.
"you're not going to overhaul that engine in that camp site!!"

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Wish I could make it this year. RMR 2 years ago was a blast. Beautiful scenary and we covered a LOT of ground. AWS can attest, my engine ran like crap aboove 12K feet. Now that I am injected, I'd really like to get out there again!

Attachments

• P7240470.jpg
    P7240470.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 65

Zillacon

Loc.
Hackin Away!
CCB had a poll for the weekend that suits our group so we will hook up with you guys down there for some fun at the same time and I think most of us will be in the same KOA.

drewloch

I am planning on making the trek from Texas this year for the Rendezvous. I will plan on staying in the area longer than the 3 days to make the trip worthwhile. Is anyone going to be there longer and want to do some additional trails? If so before the un-official event or after?

Thanks
Andrew

coby

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
We'll be there from the 3rd to the 9th...we'd love to do more trails with you if you like.

I am planning on making the trek from Texas this year for the Rendezvous. I will plan on staying in the area longer than the 3 days to make the trip worthwhile. Is anyone going to be there longer and want to do some additional trails? If so before the un-official event or after?

Thanks
Andrew

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Have you ever been up in Governor basin? I've been up there a few times and it's a very cool area, some old tunnels you can go into that still have tracks in them. We could run it the same day we do Yankee boy it's a trail off the road up Yankee boy. http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=82 I'll be there solo with my two Corgi's to wheel Friday-Monday, kind of my back yard so let me know if you need any help Coby.

Last edited:

coby

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
Have you ever been up in Governor basin? I've been up there a few times and it's a very cool area, some old tunnels you can go into that still have tracks in them. We could run it the same day we do Yankee boy it's a trail off the road up Yankee boy. http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=82 I'll be there solo with my two Corgi's to wheel Friday-Monday, kind of my back yard so let me know if you need any help Coby.

I haven't heard of that; I'd love to see it. And yea, I might need help; I haven't wheeled in years and I'm basically a virgin again. It'll be a blast seein' ya again!