• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shouldn't It be an h

koolstang

Loc.
Pineville, Missouri
I was just wondering if anybody else has sat down an thought that maybe the j shifter should be called<br>the h shifter instead. It goes up-down right-down kinda more of an h to me but hey that was kindergarten <br>when i learned that so it may have changed by now.

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Actually it goes like this<br><br>4l<br>n 2h<br>4h---l<br><br>So more of a backwards J than an h.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:eek: :eek: :eek: Its called J becuse it is JUNK strate line or twin stick. ::) ::) ::) Bill ::) :p

edjolly

Loc.
Denver Colorado
Hmmmm.....<br>I saw a Jeep the other day with a two stick setup on the T-Case. It had 2L, 2H, 4L, 4H....<br>If you converted the J-shifter to a 2 stick, would you be able to gain a 2L position?<br><br>Ed<br>

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
I have seen a J stick to twin stick conversion that gave you independant control of the axles...so you could have 4 Hi, 4 Lo, Front wheel Hi and lo, rear wheel hi and lo, That would be cool, don't know how often you would take advantage of it, but if you dropped the rear Drive line, you could disengage it to keep it from beating your undercarriage to bits, and drive out on the front wheels.

cobranco

Loc.
Zeeland,MI
I made a twin-stick for mine. Its fun to run in any axle combo that you want. Plus you get a solid feel from the shift levers.

TheLimeRanger

i always thought it was called that because the shifter looked like a "J" from the profile! ::)