• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

This shouldn't be happening, right? - rust (update)

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
She already told me she plans on painting it purple when it's "her turn" with the Bronco.

Attachments

• 1187275_10201734966445450_1478021762_n (1).jpg
    1187275_10201734966445450_1478021762_n (1).jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 63

Germd

If it's not too late - they do make tintable bed liners. I matched mine to the outside color for the engine compartment and underside.

This is what I was referring to. Back when I got the bed of my new Ram 2500 CTD "lineX'd", they offered color matching - but I wanted black. One nice thing about LineX is they will repair it - and it's pretty durable unless you drop something really heavy and sharp on it. However, it does have a rubbery texture and some don't like that inside the cab. Mine will have it if they still make it in the distant future when it gets a frame off.
A friend has a "bed rug" and Line X in the bed of his Chebby 2500 - so you could practically drop a load of bricks and not hurt it. The bed rug is nice because you can remove it when you want - but it's not the most "custom" appearing thing for inside the cab.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Got the Bronco back last night and they did a fabulous job redoing the bedliner. I couldn't be happier. They threw in a few cosmetic improvements as well free of charge.

I have it for a couple of weeks before a spot opens up at the mechanic who installed the new engine. The leak is minimal but at least I get to drive it for a while before it goes back to the shop.

Today's list: Install the Pendleton wool seat covers I made last year.

Germd

Got the Bronco back last night and they did a fabulous job redoing the bedliner. I couldn't be happier. They threw in a few cosmetic improvements as well free of charge.
Today's list: Install the Pendleton wool seat covers I made last year.
What did they use to replace the first bedliner?

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I think it's called pro tex. I'll double check on Monday.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Bedliner has been removed and replaced, leak is fixed, and I delivered my first painting in my beautiful Bronco this weekend! It's finally up and running and doing what it's supposed to do.

Can't wait to take it to my first event!

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Glad you are finally enjoying it. Hate you had all the setbacks, but I'm sure it feels worth it.

You should drive it to Tennessee in April for Super Celebration. ;D