• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

This shouldn't be happening, right? - rust (update)

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Staying with this every step of the way. They've sanded off all of the bad liner and are about to reprime for the new stuff...

Attachments

• flooring.jpg
    flooring.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 129
  • flooring2.jpg
    flooring2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 119

Germd

Staying with this every step of the way. They've sanded off all of the bad liner and are about to reprime for the new stuff...
Bummer! That looks like it was a PITA to get that stuff off & hope they won't put it on anyones else's rig. Have you thought about line-X for the floors - or are you going for a more stock color matching appearance?

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I wanted a textured surface that was tintable to match the body color. I really didn't want a black bedliner, nor any of the ones that have that rubbery texture. I do haul around things in the bronco so I need a durable surface. I didn't immediately want to scratch it all up.

Going back tomorrow to check up on it again and deliver some new lower door seals.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Any chance it will be ready for Hidden Falls this weekend??

Probably not. The painter said the new engine was leaking...so it's going back to the engine guy after this is fixed.

Nellybell

" I do haul around things in the bronco so I need a durable surface. I didn't immediately want to scratch it all up."

We have really liked the bed rug we installed for hauling stuff. The universal mat is about $100 and has been impervious to anything we put on it.

Good luck with yours.

Ted

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
" I do haul around things in the bronco so I need a durable surface. I didn't immediately want to scratch it all up."

We have really liked the bed rug we installed for hauling stuff. The universal mat is about $100 and has been impervious to anything we put on it.

Good luck with yours.

Ted

I'm on their website now. Did you get the mat or the one that looks like carpet?

Nellybell

It looks like carpet. I got the universal mat. We trimmed it to fit like carpet. It cuts well with a good utility knife and a straight edge. I have a little remnant I could send you or they probably would do that to. It has a closed cell foam backing and then the carpet looking stuff is chemical proof (gas and oil anyway).

Got it off Amazon.

Hope it helps.

Ted

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
It looks like carpet. I got the universal mat. We trimmed it to fit like carpet. It cuts well with a good utility knife and a straight edge. I have a little remnant I could send you or they probably would do that to. It has a closed cell foam backing and then the carpet looking stuff is chemical proof (gas and oil anyway).

Got it off Amazon.

Hope it helps.

Ted

I appreciates the offer!! They do send out free samples and I ordered one of each. That's good to know you like the carpet one. I think this will fit the bill nicely, thanks again :)

Nellybell

Well, it is the least I could do since I stole your rainy sport emblem pic to use as my wallpaper. :)

Best regards,

Ted

Edited to add:

Let me know if I should compensate you for the use of your image.

Last edited:

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
If it's not too late - they do make tintable bed liners. I matched mine to the outside color for the engine compartment and underside.

Attachments

• IMG_1419.jpg
    IMG_1419.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Well, it is the least I could do since I stole your rainy sport emblem pic to use as my wallpaper. :)

Best regards,

Ted

Edited to add:

Let me know if I should compensate you for the use of your image.

Ha! If I had a dime every time my Bronco photos were used I'd have enough to buy....a 302 air sticker maybe? Ha!

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
If it's not too late - they do make tintable bed liners. I matched mine to the outside color for the engine compartment and underside.

That's what I had (forgot which company's product) but it was flaking off. I was able to select another tintable bedliner...from a different manufacturer. And the painter KNOWS how picky I am so I'm sure if it was an application problem that it won't be repeated. I worked too hard for too long to pay for this paint job.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Ha! If I had a dime every time my Bronco photos were used I'd have enough to buy....a 302 air sticker maybe? Ha!

Just think...now it goin in the calender...my my.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I use this as my screensaver. My baby girl thinks the Bronco is her's. My co-workers don't understand my obsession with it. lame

Attachments

• 1902826_10203277374444686_1097414042_n.jpg
    1902826_10203277374444686_1097414042_n.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 77

Nellybell

Your Bronco photos are very good but I would say that little chunk of heaven right there is your masterpiece. (your spouse gets a little credit too) Uh. I am talking bout the little girl not the Bronco.:p

Ted