• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shouldn't there be bolts here???

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
was under the rig check'n it over and don't recall if I ever had bolts in these holes or not...

should there be??

thx 4 da help!

:cool:

PS the 1st pic needs to be rotated 90 deg... but I couldn't figure out how to... so tilt yer head if ya need to to get the idea ;)

Attachments

• dcp_0014.jpg
    dcp_0014.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 184

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Yes on the stock bellhousing there are 2 bolts there not really a big deal if they are not there since all they really do is keep the engine plate flat against the bell housing I usually leave them off unless the plate is making noise

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
:p

huh... i can't recall if I ever had 'em there to start or not...

but no harm leave'n 'em huh?

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
looks like your block plate is off 302 that had a manual transmission

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
I just swapped out my C4 for the ZF... so ya it is still the auto set-up...

any drawback to this??

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Mr Joe said:
Doesn't look like my C4 cover....?:?
Your right Joe. It's not a c4 cover. It would have a cutout for the TC bolts and drain. It's some type of manual motor plate. If it gets noisy you'll have to drill and tap a couple holes.

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
....sorry had to run before......manual block plate. The only problem I see is the small void at the bottom. Where it doesnt mate to the ZF. Might pick up some dirt if you hit the trail hard. Only danger might be to the clutch. You could probably make a template to fill the void, make it out of mild steel and tack it in to place. Ken's right.....there's an inspection cover on the auto block plate. \

J. R.