• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show me your Dash

msweb

Bronco Guru
Since the show me your bumper got such great feedback, I figured I'll try it for a dash!

I am laying out a new dash and will be moving just about everything. The glove box will be moved inboard, the speedo moved to roughly center and some speakers on either end.

I want to move the heater/fan controls and the light/wiper knobs. Wiring I can handle but what about the heater/fan controls? is there enough slack in the control cables to move them over by the steering column?

I also need a place to mount gauges. I don't want to mount them under the dash so was thinking of putting them along the top of the windshield or on the roll bar that comes up from the floor along side the windshield frame but haven't figured out how to do it yet. They don't make gauge pods for EBs, do they??

Any ideas???:?

yak67

Bronco Guru
here's mine...

Attachments

• dash_2.jpg
    dash_2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 949

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
yak67 said:

You know i've seen your dash through out many threads and Ive got to say it still gets my attention its an eye catcher. Very Slick, clean looking and fully functional. awesome job yak67.;D

Hawk

An old picture of mine
20040713104714_dash.jpg

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
here's mines. I just re-did it this spring. I'd watch for the climate control cables. they are short and don't like to bend that much. I left mine prety much where they were and moved the electrical switches - much easier.

Attachments

• newdash3-small.jpg
    newdash3-small.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 839

toque

Loc.
Surrey, BC
Here's a couple of mine - little more wiring on the back side before putting it in the truck. 6 1/2 mids and seperate tweeters, dash vents from a 74 Volvo, a few Autometer gauges and a redone main stock instrument cluster. Mods to the defrost duct as the gauges interfer on the back side.

Attachments

• 162-6260_img.jpg
    162-6260_img.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 993

yak67

Bronco Guru
TJK74 said:
You know i've seen your dash through out many threads and Ive got to say it still gets my attention its an eye catcher. Very Slick, clean looking and fully functional. awesome job yak67.;D

thanks I appreciate that;D as was said previous, the temp. controls don't have much slack in them, I moved mine a little and they really don't have much slack left.

OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
:eek: :eek: :eek: WOW! Some reat looking dashes!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Real clean yak67, slick! supermottle, between your dash and bumpers, I've decided we need to trade! Just like mine twoshoes, we must think alike!;)

togue - simply beautiful! How did you make the intergral grill areas for your speakers? Did you use a drill press and a lot of patience, a template, what? Cool idea with the Volvo vents but where do they get their air from? What was the modifications needed for the defroster vents (not that mine work anyway due to the duct hose being in pieces...)? I really like where you put the climate controls (thanks supermottle, better name). Was there enough cable for you to lower them to their current position or did you have to modify them?

More, more, more!!! I like it and I want more!!!;D ;D ;D

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's one of mine......

Attachments

• mvc-011f.jpg
    mvc-011f.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 929

toque

Loc.
Surrey, BC
MSWEB, I had the dash face lazer cut and bent from an Acad drawing then welded it to the old dash (after cutting the old piece out). I had two large circles cut for the speaker opening then cut a matching circle from a sheet of expanded metal (holes already drilled). Then just welded it in place and sanded it smooth. I haven't finished the mods to the defrost duct, but essentially I have to move the inlet where the flexible hoses attach outboard (don't really know how I'm going to do this yet). I'll have to add a "Y" section somewhere to connect the dash vents with a section of flexible hose. The dash vents themselves have a flap which closes them so I'll be pulling are from the defrost path for the dash.

jaydub01

Loc.
Daytona Beach, FL
sorry if im hijacking the thread, but has anybody seen the metal dash pad replacment, that was hinged and had a cargo area in the passengers section, i just got my hands on some diamond plate, and was thinking of building one, any pics, dimensions or ideas would help, thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They sell a nice one for Land Cruisers, but I haven't seen one for an EB yet. Been thinking along those lines for a long time too so I'd love to see one if anybody's done it yet.

Paul