• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Silver Lake pics and video posted 07/29/14

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I might try to make it up on Sat just for the day, if I come I'd need a parking lot voucher, anybody going to be getting in line fri night to get them that could get me one as well?

I will grab one for you. I will pm you my phone number so I can meet up to get it to you.

Hank

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Well just a couple days away and it looks like PERFECT weather for the weekend. It seems like Saturday will be the best day to have everyone get together so I will try to be on the dunes early Saturday morning. I will see if I can get over to the lake and grab some picnic tables, just look for my bronco. I am thinking if people want to meet between 11:00 and 11:30 we could all meet each other and get some pics of all the broncos. From there people or groups could head out on the dunes and play and any family members that don't want to can hang out at Lake Michigan and swim and enjoy some sun. I will bring my small grill if anyone wants to cook hotdogs or hamburgers at lunch. I will be packing a cooler for the day and plan to spend most of Saturday on the dunes. Bring sun screen! I am heading up Thursday morning and will be heading up to Pentwater Thursday evening to grab dinner and watch the community band. If anyone would like to join us please let me know and we can caravan to Pentwater. Friday will be a day of mixed dune riding and cruising up to Ludington for Bortell's fish fry. Again if anyone wants to come along you are welcome to tag along. I may take a cruise up the coast to Frankfort and get some pics along the way. It is a nice drive with some great views of Lake Michigan. On Sunday I may head over to the dunes in the morning and then head home in the afternoon. You will need a voucher for Saturday. If anyone needs a voucher please let me know and I will see what we can do to help. I will not be grabbing extras unless you request one from me. I believe I will need your license plate number to get the voucher.
Here is a list of people that expressed interest in coming up. I hope to see many of you up there and look forward to a fun weekend. If anyone needs any info on this P.M. me before Thursday or if you want my phone number P.M. me and I will send it to you.

Clarrance
Rmiller747
Blue Bastard
Frenchy
JasonB
Jdgephar
Gmsalty
Drbronco69
Brewchief
Ly-Mo
Broncobud
Croft75
Broncoxraptor
Mudford
Trevorj93
Broncobud

Look forward to meeting everyone and see you there!

Hank

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hope to see you all this week. Will be there thursday. Safe travels everyone.
frenchy

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
See you all on Friday night/Saturday on the dunes.

Is anyone going to be keeping a vehicle in the parking lot? I have two small toolboxes and some spare parts I usually travel with that I'd like to keep locked up somewhere. I don't like them bouncing around in the back seat become projectiles :p

brewchief

I'm mostly ready:)

Attachments

• 20140715_203813.jpg
    20140715_203813.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 20140715_203836.jpg
    20140715_203836.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 53

swyman

Loc.
Blissfield
Please be trigger happy on the camera's for those of us that can't make it. Won't be going back till August. Have fun!

lonesomecur

I'm in for Saturday and maybe Friday evening. I just need to read up on how all this works. Here is a picture of my rig. If you see it come introduce yourself please. I've never been to Silver Lake and haven't met any of ya'll.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 58

GMSALTY

Loc.
Maumee, Ohio
Just want to wish everyone a great weekend ... Daughters softball tourn is not gona allow me to make it .. Wish I was there .. Thanks for he open invite.

mudford

Loc.
Midland, MI
I will be there Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. We are staying at Hide-Away campground.

Attachments

• IMG_1757.jpg
    IMG_1757.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 37

Nathon

I will be there all week with my father in law, we both have white broncos. Should be a good time!

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Just want to wish everyone a great weekend ... Daughters softball tourn is not gona allow me to make it .. Wish I was there .. Thanks for he open invite.

See you on the baseball fields.... My son has a tournament so I can't make it either.....

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
IMG_20140717_162904987_zpsdppnoydi.jpg~original

Well we made it to the dunes around 3:00 today. Took our time to unpack the truck and relax. We headed up to Pentwater for a great dinner and a cruise around the lake. Tom from the Bronco Ranch showed up and went to Pentwater too. We are going to meet up in the morning and go play in the sand. I will hopefully get some good pics tomorrow. The weather is about perfect. Should be great weekend.

Hank

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Dam, I wish I was heading up in the morning. But I'll be about a week too late

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
We hit the dunes today and had a blast. Lots of video but the internet here sucks to no uploading until Monday. Here are a couple pics of my and Toms broncos on top of test hill. Looking forward to tomorrow and more pics.

IMG_2949_zps82132ecb.jpg~original

IMG_2952_zpsbf92a679.jpg~original

Hank

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Looks like fun. The family and i will make it up later this year. sorry i couldnt make it...I am sure Tom told ya I have to get this stroppe done and the painter issues resolved.

Be safe.

mudford

Loc.
Midland, MI
Hank, was that you headed into the dunes when I was leaving? I saw Tom a few minutes later, he was walking down by the roundabout. See you tomorrow.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I really wanted to make it to the dunes this weekend. My daughter is there and sending me pictures of what I'm missing. I don't know who's Bronco this is, but I'm jealous.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Hank, was that you headed into the dunes when I was leaving? I saw Tom a few minutes later, he was walking down by the roundabout. See you tomorrow.

Yes it was me. I got everyone that asked for a voucher all set for tomorrow so we should have a few guys show up and say hi. See you then.

Hank