• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stacey David's Crazy Horse For sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Ahhh, once again we have another thread that turns into a debate of perceived values!

IMO, it really does not matter what any of us think something is worth unless we are able and willing to pay what someone is asking. If its worth it to the guy shelling out the coin, then it IS worth it. It only takes one buyer.

Personally, I have seen quite a few rigs built as nice or nicer than Crazy Horse, and the mediocre airbrushing detracts from its value (at least to me). IMO, Stacy is not enough of a celebrity or historical Bronco icon to make any significant impact on its value for me. He's not Clint Eastwood, James Garner, Parnelli Jones, Bill Stroppe, Ted Nugent, etc. He's the host of an automotive show on cable TV.

I saw a couple posts on one of the email lists early on about this being a part of history "like Big Oly" and I almost fell over laughing.

Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice Bronco, and likely worth the money since very few of you could replicate it for less when you figure all the parts AND labor. Stacy is also a nice guy who does some cool work,and I mean no disrespect, but it cracks me up with the added value some seem to think this rig has due to a C list (maybe D?) celebrity.

I know of quite a few rigs that have sold for similar or higher amounts, so it is not that uncommon for quality rigs to pull [nice] new car prices or better.

I'd say most of us on here own, have owned, or will someday soon own a new daily driver that was $35K or better. None of us would be shocked at that at all. I best quite a few on here have $50K+ tow rigs that will be worth a fraction of that in 5 years and can be seen next to near identical ones almost daily.

So why be shocked that there is a relatively small percentage of well built, or clean stock Broncos that we all love that are a cut above the rest and can demand a good dollar as well? Afterall, these are of a limited supply, are not something you will park next to an identical one at Wal-Mart, and are only going up in value.

There's LOTS of people out there buying new H2's, Rovers, etc. and then throwing tens of thousands on top of that to pimp them out. So why the jealousy or spite to some outstanding Broncos?

Anyway, I've been off of CB for quite a while and got a laugh that some things never seem to change! %)

Brawnko

Loc.
Mechanicsville
Ahhh, once again we have another thread that turns into a debate of perceived values!

IMO, it really does not matter what any of us think something is worth unless we are able and willing to pay what someone is asking. If its worth it to the guy shelling out the coin, then it IS worth it. It only takes one buyer.

Personally, I have seen quite a few rigs built as nice or nicer than Crazy Horse, and the mediocre airbrushing detracts from its value (at least to me). IMO, Stacy is not enough of a celebrity or historical Bronco icon to make any significant impact on its value for me. He's not Clint Eastwood, James Garner, Parnelli Jones, Bill Stroppe, Ted Nugent, etc. He's the host of an automotive show on cable TV.

I saw a couple posts on one of the email lists early on about this being a part of history "like Big Oly" and I almost fell over laughing.

Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice Bronco, and likely worth the money since very few of you could replicate it for less when you figure all the parts AND labor. Stacy is also a nice guy who does some cool work,and I mean no disrespect, but it cracks me up with the added value some seem to think this rig has due to a C list (maybe D?) celebrity.

I know of quite a few rigs that have sold for similar or higher amounts, so it is not that uncommon for quality rigs to pull [nice] new car prices or better.

I'd say most of us on here own, have owned, or will someday soon own a new daily driver that was $35K or better. None of us would be shocked at that at all. I best quite a few on here have $50K+ tow rigs that will be worth a fraction of that in 5 years and can be seen next to near identical ones almost daily.

So why be shocked that there is a relatively small percentage of well built, or clean stock Broncos that we all love that are a cut above the rest and can demand a good dollar as well? Afterall, these are of a limited supply, are not something you will park next to an identical one at Wal-Mart, and are only going up in value.

There's LOTS of people out there buying new H2's, Rovers, etc. and then throwing tens of thousands on top of that to pimp them out. So why the jealousy or spite to some outstanding Broncos?

Anyway, I've been off of CB for quite a while and got a laugh that some things never seem to change! %)

Well said Drew! It would probably be a good investment and worth $75K at the Bronco 50th bronco anniversary!

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
It's currently up to $16,100.

Is it worth, sure why not. Most of the guys on here that have done frame off restos have or will have as much in theirs when they get it to that stage.

If I had the money, I'd buy it in a second, despite the whole Stacey David factor, because it's worth it. The Stacey factor is just a bonus. ;D

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Bucky, this has already been posted in the Classifieds section, so I'm merging this thread with that one.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i'm amazed that he never finished the dash in it. no steering column cover, and open holes where the heater controls would go. i'd want it completed for that kind of money!

personally, i've never liked the horse on the side either, it just doesn't go right. then he did some gay arse looking air brushing on the side of ted nugent's bronco (not that i really care for him much). why does he do things like that. don't get me wrong, he does good work. just keep the looks simple like he did on copperhead.

OP
OP
kb6677

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
WHY???

So you can finish the work and repaint it? ;D

This is at least the second time it had been listed. So it either didn't meet the reserve or some one backed out.

NO, you are incorrect. It has never been on ebay before I listed it last week. I did post a link to it here in August on Classic Forums. That link went to the Gearz page, not Ebay. Jon was nice enough to leave it in general discussion for a bit before moving it to classifieds.
Always interesting how "known" or higher priced broncos generate so much altered reality and instant experts. Just part of the fun I suppose.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
Lighten up

NO, you are incorrect. It has never been on ebay before I listed it last week. I did post a link to it here in August on Classic Forums. That link went to the Gearz page, not Ebay. Jon was nice enough to leave it in general discussion for a bit before moving it to classifieds.
Always interesting how "known" or higher priced broncos generate so much altered reality and instant experts. Just part of the fun I suppose.

Gee are you two married or something?

Sorry I don't see any reason this Bronco is worth what is being asked. There are better looking finished Broncos that sell for much less all the time.

It isn't altered reality that the dash is not finished. Come on how long would it take to finish the dash and install an AC system?

It also isn't altered reality that the thing had a miss under hard acceleration. Did that get fixed.

I like the guy and watch his show but it has always bothered me that if he is such a good knowledgeable builder why did the spare tire carrier come bouncing out of the bed??????

Also why not fix that damage before you put it up for sale and ask twice what it is worth.

When you spend that kind of money for a bronco from a famous building the buyer has some right to expect a finished product. Thats my problem with this whole thing.

Theres no altered reality at this end.

OP
OP
kb6677

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Heavy!!!!

Gee are you two married or something?

Sorry I don't see any reason this Bronco is worth what is being asked. There are better looking finished Broncos that sell for much less all the time.

It isn't altered reality that the dash is not finished. Come on how long would it take to finish the dash and install an AC system?

It also isn't altered reality that the thing had a miss under hard acceleration. Did that get fixed.

I like the guy and watch his show but it has always bothered me that if he is such a good knowledgeable builder why did the spare tire carrier come bouncing out of the bed??????

Also why not fix that damage before you put it up for sale and ask twice what it is worth.

When you spend that kind of money for a bronco from a famous building the buyer has some right to expect a finished product. Thats my problem with this whole thing.

Theres no altered reality at this end.

If you are not big enough to admit you made a mistake then your loss. If you notice my reply to you, I never "defended" the price or the condition of the bronco. I just pointed out that it had NOT been on ebay as you stated in part of your post. If you want to look at the big picture, no where in any post have I endorsed the workmanship, price or even the paint. Drew made some great points in his post that I agree with.
Think about it, as many people on this board that look at broncos on ebay DAILY-myself included, don't you think someone would have posted if his bronco had been on ebay prior to this!!! That is the reason for my reality and other comments. So anyway that is where my post came from not my wife :)

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
take a look at the bids. there's one person on there with no feedback that's got twice as many bids as there are total. bidding it up?

GnisroH

Loc.
Harrisonburg, VA
Is there a reason all of the names have 3 asterisks in the middle of them? ?:? Is that their actual user name? Or is it a way for eBay to protect the bidder?

Status
Not open for further replies.