• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stacey David's Crazy Horse For sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
kb6677

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
{Is there a reason all of the names have 3 asterisks in the middle of them? Is that their actual user name? Or is it a way for eBay to protect the bidder?}************************************************
Yes

{take a look at the bids. there's one person on there with no feedback that's got twice as many bids as there are total. bidding it up?}
No, he contacted me over the weekend and ask what the reserve was. I gave him an idea. Based on his emails, he is serious about buying it. We will see. It does look bad when he is bidding against himself but that is getting it closer to the reserve.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
For some reason ebay thinks they need to hide the true idenity of who is bidding on any item over $200. I can't think of any reason why.

Anyone can keep bidding against themselves until the reserve is met and then it requires 2 bidders.

carhauler

Loc.
Harford Co. MD
I'm NOT saying this is happening here but, I have a few dealers I haul for that will call me on occasion & ask me to bid on one of their ebay cars to get the bid to reserve or drive the price up to where they want it to be. I won't do it & make some excuse about not being near a computer to keep the customer but I turn 'em down because it's obviously not worth what they want for it & just drives the price of everything else up for no reason. Bronco prices are on the rise without help. Sure hope this one is escalating on it's own.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
Common Practice

I'm NOT saying this is happening here but, I have a few dealers I haul for that will call me on occasion & ask me to bid on one of their ebay cars to get the bid to reserve or drive the price up to where they want it to be. I won't do it & make some excuse about not being near a computer to keep the customer but I turn 'em down because it's obviously not worth what they want for it & just drives the price of everything else up for no reason. Bronco prices are on the rise without help. Sure hope this one is escalating on it's own.

I have watched a lot of these type bids and you will almost always see some one with no feed back bid it up. Some sellers will use this tactic to get it up close to where they want it, then hope it takes off from there. Pretty much the same as just listing a higher starting price as far as that is concerned. They think that starting it low will entice more bidders, and that these bidders will be sucked into bidding more than they normally would have if it had started high in the first place. Its deceptive but not really unethical until they reach the reserve. Once you reach the reserve I really do not think it is appropriate, but it is the real world and it goes on at almost any public auction in some form or fashion.

You will also see these same vehicles bid up by some one with no or little feed back. Then they get relisted with a scathing rebuke from the seller about people that do not follow through and buy the vehicle. So you never know if the seller was involved in bidding it up or not. My guess is that quite a few of the no pays are exactly that.

E-bay may say they discourage this practice but they encourage people to list a low start to entice bidders.

Then again I am ignorant and suffer from an altered reality reality so what do I know.
;D

rmfreeze

Loc.
Benton, Arkansas
Like I said - it happens all the time. I'm not saying it's happening here but back before ebay started hiding the identity with asterisks I got to noticing a few guys who'd list EB's and then bid each other's auctions up to right below the reserve. I guess to someone not paying attention or not doing a little research on bidding histories it would look like a few people interested in the EB. Creating false interest I guess.

73ny

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New York
They hide the ID because a common scam is for someone other than the seller to make a "2nd chance offer" to some bidders on the list. The hidden ID stops it.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Just because there is no feedback does not in and of itself mean it is not legitimate.

I have never bought anything on Ebay. But I have bid on a few things. So when I on something, I would not have any feedback. Does not mean I was not a real/serious buyer.

77BroncoWag

Bronco Guru
Whats this all about ?? Thanks

he sold a truck and it ended up on ebay with the seller saying it was the rig built by stacy, BUT the good stuff (engine and tranny were swapped out) and the seller never disclosed that to the buyer.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I just now went and looked at some pre-resto pics of it and it still had a roadster mirror on it.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
"Crazy Horse"

Thanks for the advice, but the name pretty much says it all, think about it!!! It ain't supposed to look like your average horse, in fact historically, most notable horses didn't meet the "standards" in the looks department., besides that, what would we call it, with out the horse???;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.