• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock bumper spare tire carrier...

Lawndart

Loc.
I saw that in the hi-lift thread and wondered.
I see you have Tom's receiver, as do I.
I am assuming you have the "hitchless" version. Do they behave well together?

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
Yes, went together perfectly. I took some measurements for Monster Mike before they built these without the hitch.

5850df899bf416a6a3d6ec4f98584ae8.jpg
99aba74a11a8802eb0daa2bf4aa1697b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ro_Ja Boy

So paint the piece that goes behind the bumper black, the receiver for the tire swing black and then the piece on the end that mounts to the tire swing and tire swing body colored?

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Mines a different style but I like the body color on it.

Attachments

• rear 4.jpg
    rear 4.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 110
  • rear 5.jpg
    rear 5.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 92

Lawndart

Loc.
Yes, went together perfectly. I took some measurements for Monster Mike before they built these without the hitch.
Thank you for posting that - appreciate!

Mines a different style but I like the body color on it.
That is what I am thinking at this point. The bits around the bumper will be wimbledon, and the swinger - body color.

I will also likely run locally with the spare and swinger off. Camping and excursions with it all mounted. I use the tail gate too much to be messing with the spare all the time.

Thanks again for the posts!

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Honestly, I think once you experience how easy it latches, unlatches and stays open with the drop pin, you won't think it's much to be "messing with" all the time. Just make sure you hit the drop pin with a little WD-40 once in a while and it's smooth one hand open and close. (I regularly do the Vanna White demo at shows with it) I've had the same side tire carrier on mine longer than I can remember (15+ years I'm thinking-left side and bumper both changed over time but not tire) and it's still going strong.

Suzy

Thank you for posting that - appreciate!

That is what I am thinking at this point. The bits around the bumper will be wimbledon, and the swinger - body color.

I will also likely run locally with the spare and swinger off. Camping and excursions with it all mounted. I use the tail gate too much to be messing with the spare all the time.

Thanks again for the posts!

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
Done! Got the tire installed today, too. No picture yet.

Been crazy warm, 60+. Drove it the last two days. I've never had it out for Christmas!
4386a0c8569dbbe397ad9f8e5dd8245e.jpg

Sigh...anyone know how to take the rotation tag off of a photo with their phone?

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Done! Got the tire installed today, too. No picture yet.

Been crazy warm, 60+. Drove it the last two days. I've never had it out for Christmas!
4386a0c8569dbbe397ad9f8e5dd8245e.jpg

Sigh...anyone know how to take the rotation tag off of a photo with their phone?

Man they look good even upside3 down! Congrats!

Ro_Ja Boy

More installed pics yet? I should have mine painted and on the car by tomorrow or early next week and will share.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Hey all!

We are starting production on another round of them next week.

We are starting with the ones that get receivers then once that batch is done we will make a batch w/o receivers. I expect some of you to see them arrive at your door late in the 3rd week of January and get the rest of them y'all are waiting for by the end of January.

We will be testing this next batch with 36" and 37" tires since we added some more beef in a few areas.

Tax season is right around the corner so we will be sure to ramp up production. :cool:

MM

Lawndart

Loc.
Hey all!

We are starting production on another round of them next week.

We are starting with the ones that get receivers then once that batch is done we will make a batch w/o receivers. I expect some of you to see them arrive at your door late in the 3rd week of January and get the rest of them y'all are waiting for by the end of January.

We will be testing this next batch with 36" and 37" tires since we added some more beef in a few areas.

Tax season is right around the corner so we will be sure to ramp up production. :cool:

MM
Any manufacturing updates?