• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stutsmo's 67 build.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I am going to be really happy with this rig when it is done. I CANT WAIT!

Bronco's and Done never reside in the same place at the same time. Of anybody on this site you know this.

Wait until you have to confess to Dave Ramsey this little deviation in life to him.

See it was worth keeping it just wait until its painted.

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bronco's and Done never reside in the same place at the same time. Of anybody on this site you know this.

You are correct. I should have said drivable!

Wait until you have to confess to Dave Ramsey this little deviation in life to him.

He is a car guy so I think he will be ok with it. Besides I have no debt because of this Bronco.

See it was worth keeping it just wait until its painted.

I have to say this is by no means a show piece Bronco but I am pretty happy with how it is turning out.

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
and a straight fender, what's up with that?:?

I'll keep them that way as long as I can but this Bronco is going to be driven a lot so probably have a shopping cart dent in it the first time I drive it to Wal mart!

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Its almost 5 years since you started this path once you get the finish paint on and start putting it back together for the last time your going to have to start spending money in much bigger chunks. How many years you budget for finishing it?

I think your story and process would be a great story for Bronco Driver and the determination it takes to complete a project like this. How your personal Bronco community motivated and support your progress until completion. Make sure you send a copy to Dave Ramsey i bet he would get a real kick out of it.

Anyone with deep pockets can get a project like this done in a timely manor but doing it with financial restraints and showing the community it can be done with determination is a real asset for everyone.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Hey Stuts, that is awesome! Really happy for you and getting it to paint! Gonna be nice for sure. Looks like it is getting alot of LOVE! Keep the pics coming!

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Its almost 5 years since you started this path once you get the finish paint on and start putting it back together for the last time your going to have to start spending money in much bigger chunks. How many years you budget for finishing it?

I pretty much went through and assembled the whole truck before it went to paint. I had a few major purchase spree's this year where I spent about 3 grand each time. I am pretty sure I have everything bought to get it on the road. I am sure I will have a few odds and ends I overlooked but hopefully most of the major money is spent for now...... Until I do a few more upgrades. When I started this bronco I didn't think it would take me a year to complete it!

I think your story and process would be a great story for Bronco Driver and the determination it takes to complete a project like this. How your personal Bronco community motivated and support your progress until completion. Make sure you send a copy to Dave Ramsey i bet he would get a real kick out of it.

I might put some thought into this, Thanks for the compliment. I was actually beginning to wonder if there were more than 10 people reading this thread anymore. The ones that have commented and encouraged me played a huge part in keeping this build going. As for Dave.... I know he would be proud that I haven't gone into any more debt since I started building this Bronco.

Anyone with deep pockets can get a project like this done in a timely manor but doing it with financial restraints and showing the community it can be done with determination is a real asset for everyone.

What's really cool about this is that I proved to myself that I can do it. I have a reputation for starting projects and not completing them. I didn't do this project on my own but I did manage the project and I am really close to completing it. I am proud of that!

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Stuts, that is awesome! Really happy for you and getting it to paint! Gonna be nice for sure. Looks like it is getting alot of LOVE! Keep the pics coming!

Well I hope it turns out nice, I'll be happy with a 15 - 20 footer. When it is done I plan to drive it!

Sweet.. Progress... You are officially ahead of my "This build is taking forever"..lmao

Its not a race! I am sure your is going to be better than mine when it is finished! LOL!;D

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Well I hope it turns out nice, I'll be happy with a 15 - 20 footer. When it is done I plan to drive it!

Its not a race! I am sure your is going to be better than mine when it is finished! LOL!;D
true not a race, also not a competition to which is "nicer". You are like me anyway, you like them all. I am excited for you!! Keep us posted.

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm still checking this thread out Stuts!!:cool:

Good deal thanks Pat....I cant wait to see you finish yours!

true not a race, also not a competition to which is "nicer". You are like me anyway, you like them all. I am excited for you!! Keep us posted.

Yep I sure do like them all. It will be a few weeks before I have progress pics but the next pics I post of the body should have some color on them. I am really looking forward to that. Means a lot to me that there is someone out there that is excited like me about seeing this Bronco get done. Thanks Tyler!

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Keep on it Stuts looking forward to some more progress pics!

The painter is leaving Thursday for a 2 week vacation. The plan is to have it ready to spray when he gets back. I should have it back at home around the first of august.

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Inner fender

I had to go up today and fix the drivers side inner fender. It wasn't that big of deal just had to weld a piece in and trim it to fit. Then I sprayed some raptor liner on it and it looks good enough I am happy with it.

Attachments

• P7060239.jpg
    P7060239.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 70
  • P7060244.jpg
    P7060244.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Raptor Liner

I got the inside of the fenders and the back of the tailgate raptor lined. I had some left over so I did the inside of the new doors also. The painter has almost got everything ready for paint... All he has left to do is scuff the primer and he is going to spray a coat of red primer. Then he said he will shoot it in color. looks like the end of July time line is still possible!

Attachments

• P7060245.jpg
    P7060245.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 53
  • P7060246.jpg
    P7060246.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 54
  • P7060247.jpg
    P7060247.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 51
  • P7060249.jpg
    P7060249.jpg