• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Super Celebration

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
Well, after wrestling with my new motor over the past two weekends, I got her completely installed and fired up by 2pm on Saturday. New clutch and pressure plate, new power plant and she's running like a champ (HUGE thanks to Phred for all the help the last couple of weeks to get her complete) ;D

Needless to say, I am psyched about Super Celebration and couldn't sleep last night thinking about the coming weekend! Need to get registered and find a place to stay today (I didn't do any of this before now because I didn't know if I would get her drivable in time to attend). My 11 year old son, Greyson is pumped too and we are looking forward to seeing everyone there again this year!

Safe travels for all,
Mac

Glad to hear that Mac. Which way are you going coming from Alanta?

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
George,

I am heading up through Clayton, GA early Friday morning and hope to meet up with Josh in Franklin, NC to caravan to Townsend. You?

berg bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
franklin NC
Have they re-opened the Dragon? The Gatlinburg cruises are optional evening cruises - at least they were last year. Just make sure your cooling system is up to par - 3-4 hours to cover 4-5 traffic lights! You'll be idling a lot! A group of us drove into town, parked at the school, and then walked to the cruise area. The cruise is cool but most of the show cars are actually parked along the strip.

the dragon is closed till july. check out the broncodriver site they updated the link for the cruises, shon you can make the cruises!

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Just checked the weather for Townsend again for the 100th time this week and this weekend looks specatular (low 70s on Friday and mid-high 60s as highs on Saturday)!

Man, it is so hard to work today knowing that is waiting for us this weekend!

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
weather

What really sucks is that after all the cleaning and polishing on the bronco its calling for rain here today/tonight and early tomorrow morning. Well, we are loading the bronco on the trailer as soon as I get home today and leaving for SC early tomorrow morning for a side trip on the way to Townsend. So for as nice as it looks today it will probably be a mess by the time we get out of Virginia tomorrow morning :cry:

Nice to see good weather predicted for the weekend, that will make it all worthwhile.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I am having some gremlins all of a sudden today in the Bronco.. makes me nervous about being ready for Thursday... that is why I was hoping for a convoy on 75 heading south.. Oh well... I will make it if I have to push the damn thing there.. :)

ransil

Bronco Guru
What really sucks is that after all the cleaning and polishing on the bronco its calling for rain here today/tonight and early tomorrow morning. Well, we are loading the bronco on the trailer as soon as I get home today and leaving for SC early tomorrow morning for a side trip on the way to Townsend. So for as nice as it looks today it will probably be a mess by the time we get out of Virginia tomorrow morning :cry:

Nice to see good weather predicted for the weekend, that will make it all worthwhile.

we have to wash them??? ;D

ransil

Bronco Guru
I am having some gremlins all of a sudden today in the Bronco.. makes me nervous about being ready for Thursday... that is why I was hoping for a convoy on 75 heading south.. Oh well... I will make it if I have to push the damn thing there.. :)

I will be coming down I-75 some time Thursday, If you along the road I will stop.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Thanks ransil... I always stop for a Bronco.. I would gladly repay you in beer. Once we got there. :)

msweb

Bronco Guru

I'm just outside of Nashville and have a Bronco hauler (16' car/Bronco trailer) if needed. Since I can't go to the Super Celebration, I'd be happy to play tow truck if needed ;)

abe_froman

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
This newbie is gonna try and be up there sometime Friday afternoon/evening. I need to meet up with y'all and let you show me all the ropes.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Thanks ransil... I always stop for a Bronco.. I would gladly repay you in beer. Once we got there. :)

Ransil does not drink - cash only! ;D

This newbie is gonna try and be up there sometime Friday afternoon/evening. I need to meet up with y'all and let you show me all the ropes.

On the other hand, he would probably take payment in sausages!! :eek:

See everyone on Thursday - hopefully I'll be driving after the weather clears.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Ransil does not drink - cash only! ;D

On the other hand, he would probably take payment in sausages!! :eek:

See everyone on Thursday - hopefully I'll be driving after the weather clears.

Ok then, I'll keep the beer and um.. I will leave the sausages comment alone.. :)

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Oh, and thanks MSweb... I think I have figured it out.. It looks like my coil took a ##$% . I will try that tonight and move to the next issue.. :) TOWNSEND OR BUST!!