• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

suspension

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Front: wristed arm(radius), wristed axle housing, long radius arms and good coil spring.

Rear: good set of springs, spring pivot(BCB).

Ultimate: 4 link w/coil over.(front & back). $$$$$$.

Source: Cage offroad, BCB, Duff. Complete offroad and there are others. Not in any particular order.

Eugene

OP
OP
B

beerthirty

Loc.
Lakewood, Co
list of parts needed

where is the best place to find wristed radius arms? and do axle pivots really help that much? would it still be ok to drive on the street. thanks for your help ;D

OP
OP
B

beerthirty

Loc.
Lakewood, Co
arms

i have the wild horses 3.5 rock crawler coils in front and the 11 leaf pack rear also wild horses. i also have a 2.5 body lift, i know that my shocks are holding me back thats why im getting longer shocks this weekend. are the f 250 shock mounts a good way to go or should i get shock hoops front and rear.

green73brc

broncosarefun said:
i have the wild horses 3.5 rock crawler coils in front and the 11 leaf pack rear also wild horses. i also have a 2.5 body lift, i know that my shocks are holding me back thats why im getting longer shocks this weekend. are the f 250 shock mounts a good way to go or should i get shock hoops front and rear.

This seems to be somewhat of a debate but from what I have read... the ammount of money go for the extended ford shock mounts... and for rear go with inboard...

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
You have the almost the same setup I have. Add a wristed arm and F250 shock towers and you get this.

Attachments

• f42a08af.jpg.thumb.jpg
    f42a08af.jpg.thumb.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 272

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
Wth any suspension, having a wire diamater small enough for front coil flex as well as large enough to suport the vehicle weight is the aim of all the venders. The progressive coil design seems to be a great idea for handling compression and ride under multiple conditions.

Rear springs should be as thin as reasonable to allow flex and of multiple layer design (10 -11 pack) to again support the vehicle.

Longer radius arms work well to relieve front bind and really smoothe the ride out.

Lots of ideas behind installing longer shocks to help with articulation. Some use hoops, F150 shock towers or homemade mounts. Just make sure if you build your own mounts that they are well made. The vendors spend a lot of time and money doing your leg work in designs so you get a strong product.

Here is a pic of the newest progressive 5 1/2" front suspension.

Good luck on your choice

Attachments

• Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 73

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
I run bilstin 5150 in the rear and James duff up front. I'm going to get some other shocks for the rear these are to short. 12" travel shocks up front and then I will have 12 in the rear also

Broncoholics

Loc.
Windsor, CO
Long arms, 4.5" BC coils, National rears and inboard shock mount. 14" Travel shocks up front. Simple, easy to build, and works just as good as my buddy's 3/4 linked rig does.

20050513171954_PICT1391.JPG

20050424141008_PICT1386.JPG

20050424141333_PICT1389.JPG

20050513172545_PICT1390.JPG

Wade's rig.
20050424135732_PICT1410.JPG

Later that night, I was able to drive to the top of the ramp without lifting a tire off the ground. If there had been a ramp on the other side, I could have driven over it.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
duff claims 16" of articulated travel in the front and 11" in the rear with their ultimate setup. it uses long arms with heim joints.

Broncoholics

Loc.
Windsor, CO
broncosarefun said:
who has the best radius arms? dose bc make them or just duff?

Duff, Cage, Jeff's, Wild Horses, West Coast Broncos, etc. I have Duff arms. No difference from the Cage arms except the frame mount is slightly altered for the better on the Cage setup.

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
when you get bigger tires make sure you have the drivetrain to turn them!! Break, snap, pop!! Just a heads up those things are heavy freaking tires.