• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tank Selector Switch and moving it???

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
All,

Can I get input from everyone concerning moving their tank selection switch with reference to installing a roll cage???

I wan't planning on moving mine, and unfortunatly I don't have a cage yet, but.......

If I can think forward and plan on moving it, I will do so before I get the dash powder coated!

Thanks all!!

As always, photos are appreciated!

wmish

Loc.
Annapolis, Maryland
MnkyBiz,

I went with an electric switch and got ride of the manual one. I moved it up to the engine compartment for easiler access.

Bill

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
im curious... how did you move yours up 4 inches from original? were the floors different heights between the years? im lucky if i have a inch and a half above my switch. or did you just make a bracket for it?

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
76 explorer said:
im curious... how did you move yours up 4 inches from original? were the floors different heights between the years? im lucky if i have a inch and a half above my switch. or did you just make a bracket for it?

;D I'm thinking they are talking about the switch on the dash. But thats just me ;D

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I tossed the switch. Ran one sender to the gas gauge and ran the other sender to the temp gauge. Since I have a nice aftermarket water temp gauge, the stock one always said cold. Now hot = full
cold = hope there is gas in the other tank!

I eventually found a gas gauge that was burned up, peeled the face off the gauge and it swapped perfectly to the temp gauge. It is also quite accurate. A touch better then the stock gauge in my opinion.

ps4wdc

Loc.
Illinois
I think he's talking about the dash switch, anyway thats the switch I moved up 4 inches.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
2badrotties said:
Hey Jeepster, better put some gas in there before it hits $3 per gallon. You are below empty ;D

first I have to put a gas tank in it.

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Jeepster wins! That is the switch!

I really don't want to move it when I put in a roll cage!

Anyone have a Protofab cage, and didn't have to move it?!?!?

brutis72eb

Bronco Guru
Loc.
South Carolina
HOLD ON, That is not the original location is it (From Jeepster picture)? Mine is in a totally different place. Just wondering if that was the stock location or if that was were he moved it. Maybe I will be able to find a picture of where mine is

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Thats where they all is I think. Thats how I knew what you were talking about. I figured the switch on the floor wasn't going to be in the way of a roll cage. :)