• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thinking about fabricating.....Anyone interested!

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Ok,

So this monkey has a 4x6 sheet of 1/4 inch steel.

He thinks to himself......HOw will I hang this nice aux tank I got from WH????

I am going to fab up a hanger (akin to the original one) that mounts in the original 4 bolt holes.

IF I were to do this & offer them up to buddies here at cost, would anyone be interested, or should I use the rest of this steel in making myself some kick ass bumpers?

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
at the price of steel these days not even counting the cost to ship bumpers I would make those first. Hanging the gas tank can be done with angle Iron and skinned with aluminium diamond plate for a cool look. use that 1/4 steel on the bumpers of wich hopefully some day may not be needed to protect you. Whats the likelyhood of needing bumper protection over rear skid plate protection.

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
I am not planning on making skid plates, but a special bracket to mount the Aux tank with. When you get the tanks from the MFR, they tell you to drill through your floor boards! AFter all that work to weld mine back in, I am not drilling more holes in there than needs be!

The floorboard brace is equipped with 4 caged nuts which used to hold the aux tank straps in. I want to make a bracket that mounts to those nuts & doesn't require drilling into the floors.

I"ll make a picture.

MnkyBiz

4X4 PONY

Loc.
Flagstaff, Arizona
Fab work

I would be interested, dont like the bolts in the floor. I have to replace that piece of floor anyway and was thainking of how I could do the same thing. Great idea!