• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TITLE AMENDMENT: Vendor service issues. Advice???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
GREAT. Another problem solved.

Maybe the original poster should consider editing that title.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
First in defense of WH. The M/C is $68 from Napa, I don't use the cheap ones and they are warranted by napa. I do this so that the customer can take the M/C to their local Napa and exchange it (no shipping or waiting) in this case the customer's local Napa did not have one in stock and wanted $16 shipping to get one in. From his above post he has a M/C now so I am not sure if he found one someplace else or got the one from Napa.
The order of things is the customer takes the alleged bad part to WH, WH sends it to me, I send it to Nepa, Mapa decides that it is bad and sends me a new M/C, I send it to WH and WH gives it to the customer. In the interest of saving everyone involved shipping cost and time WH has the M/C sent to BCB from the customer. We send a new M/C to the customer and return the alleged bad M/C to napa. In this case the threads are said to be bad in one of the line ports. We pay the return shipping.
I have to get the bad M/C to be able to replace it. On my front page is my shipping address and billing address. It seems clear to me but I will look at the address info again to see if I can make it more clear.

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
Now that everything's cleared up, how about a big group hug? Me, I love my EB vendors. I've been fortunate to have had only positive experiences with everyone I've talked to & dealt with from local shops to the national vendors. BC, WH, Tom's, BroncoHut, and Driven Auto Parts have all done very well by me, along with countless members of this fine board! Cheers to all!

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The deal with the address is I am in a small town 2 blocks from a post office but am in the area of the next post office that is 12 miles away. So I have a box at the post office 2 blocks away and no mail box. The street the shop is on is new and the post office 12 miles away does not know that the street exist but UPS and all the other delivery companys know where it is. Normally this works out fine. Bills and letters go to the P.O. box and packages go to the street address. The problem comes in when someone sends anything to the street address by U.S. mail it goes to the post office 12 miles away and they do not know about our street so they return whatever as no such address.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
We talked to our customer and ask him to bring in the master cyl. for a new one. This was our screw up. It's been taken care of. It's very rare for WH to send customers to our vendors. So let's just say the master cylinder stops here. Thanks to everyone for your business we appreciate it. Have a great weekend.

Very good... :cool: ;D

NYLES

Bronco Guru
WOW! Chuck you think the good ole US postal service could figure out that somewhere in there zone someone built a new rd!

Take em a map!

By the way my 4 year frame up is almost streetable! Thanks to all the venders out there! I have never had an issue on any thing ordered from any of you guys.....I wish there were some other options on some things but no control over that.

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
Okay, I haven't read this whole thread, but I'm wondering if you bought it from WH, who told you to take it to BCB, who is their vendor, at least BCB didn't refer you to the manufacturer. I'm assuming this is not a part manufactured by BCB. You pay shipping to him, and he pays shipping to you. At least he took responsibility for the part. He probably bought if from another vendor, who in turn bought it from the manufacturer. Yes, he should have told you that you needed to use UPS, and yes, you should have asked how to ship.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
TBS-POPS is famous now and everyone here will connect him to this post....

With less than 40 post he may just as well save face and change his name and start new again.....%)

Did I mention that shipping costs sucks?

godsotherson

The deal with the address is I am in a small town 2 blocks from a post office but am in the area of the next post office that is 12 miles away. So I have a box at the post office 2 blocks away and no mail box. The street the shop is on is new and the post office 12 miles away does not know that the street exist but UPS and all the other delivery companys know where it is. Normally this works out fine. Bills and letters go to the P.O. box and packages go to the street address. The problem comes in when someone sends anything to the street address by U.S. mail it goes to the post office 12 miles away and they do not know about our street so they return whatever as no such address.

This is CLEARLY your problem and you should resolve this with the post office. This mix up could have been avoided, I had to do the same thing when the city changed my street name. I wonder how many deliveries you haven't recieved??????

Bronco Brian

Bronco Guru
TBS-POPS is famous now and everyone here will connect him to this post....

With less than 40 post he may just as well save face and change his name and start new again.....%)

only 40 post and you Judge someones Character ? I have meet POPS he is a very good guy. Also I am not saying you are not you seam to be respected by your peers on this board But to bash someone you will never meet or personality Talk to is just wrong. Maybe it was a bad post but but it was not yours or anyone elses and he did not ask for opinions but got them mine too. But it got fixed Also please see and read post # 18 I to have have bad with BC But I still buy from them. We all have are favorites in everything

At this point I think we all should drop it

Thank You
Brian

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is CLEARLY your problem and you should resolve this with the post office. This mix up could have been avoided, I had to do the same thing when the city changed my street name. I wonder how many deliveries you haven't recieved??????

Resolving anything with the PO is easier said than done. I have a small business that has PO box address and I can't get anything that will not fit in the box. Packages sent via USPS have to be sent to my home address. Fedex and UPS are no problem.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
You might look at the address on my front page before I change it to make it more clear. I did not did give the address so he must have went to the site to get it. I thought it was clear. To get the problem fixed with the PO I would have to change my address from 110 business dr Ingram tx. 78025 to 110 business dr Kerrville tx. 78025 although it is in ingram then if I get a package that will not fit in the box or needs a sign. I will have to drive 12 miles each way when they are open. Most of the time I get my mail in the PO box without problems and that is assuming I can get them to believe my street exist. Then if you google map my address you will be lookoing in the wrong town.

BroncoDawg

Loc.
Bishop, CA
Pops, Since all the parties have responded and it seems resolved, how about
going to the first post and editing your title or deleting your post so no more ill will is needlessly created. Peace Out!

76 crew

Loc.
Kahaluu, Hawaii
There is your problem.

USPS will NOT deliver large packages to rural area mail boxes. That is what UPS/FedEx does.

how big are you talking?

i've received 4 17x9 american racing rims (USPS) priority mail, an entire wilwood brake setup for my mustang- 5 boxes about 40lbs each, etc.

theres so many vendors to choose from when it comes to mustangs and F-series trucks, so i only buy from companies who ship priority mail, unless its so big it has to be truck freight then it doesn't matter, but the half a dozen or so bronco vendors only ship UPS or Fed-ex, so i only buy what i absoluetly can't get anywhere else.

Mad's right "shipping sucks"

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Please go on, i got a good laugh from this!

Ok, here are a few more:

5. Come up with a pretty sweet-looking EB product. Then decide to start selling them to EB'rs. Take a bunch of orders and keep all of the EB'rs in limbo as to when they might get finished. In the meantime, do a bunch of nifty upgrades to my own rig, start producing easier-to-make stuff for other 4X4s.......you get the idea.

6. Start a thread about how it irritates me when people don't spell correctly.

7. Go kick some puppies.

8. Start a thread about my views on religion (this always ends badly, it seems %) )

ok...that's enough (probably too much) ;D

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Ok, here are a few more:

5. Come up with a pretty sweet-looking EB product. Then decide to start selling them to EB'rs. Take a bunch of orders and keep all of the EB'rs in limbo as to when they might get finished. In the meantime, do a bunch of nifty upgrades to my own rig, start producing easier-to-make stuff for other 4X4s.......you get the idea.

6. Start a thread about how it irritates me when people don't spell correctly.

7. Go kick some puppies.

8. Start a thread about my views on religion (this always ends badly, it seems %) )

ok...that's enough (probably too much) ;D

Oh, don't forget

9. Start a thread on why you should sell you Bronco and keep your jeep

10. Start a thread on why we are all stupid for spending so much money on 30+ year old vehicles.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Oh, don't forget

9. Start a thread on why you should sell you Bronco and keep your jeep

or a thread about why you should sell your EB and use the money to BUY a heep.

Did I just say that out loud? Ooops, sorry kntr. :-X :-X ;D ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.