• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TRO with Helwig?

OP
OP
RODRIG3911

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
I utilized my front dual shock mounts with adjustable rods. I don't have a TRO though.

Cool man, looks good. I'm running singles with reservoir shocks on F250 mounts and love them. Already mounted the Hellwig a while back, just wanted to see if it was possible to mount the linkage above the knuckle. Good to know you can run duals though, I know some people say you can't.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210122-195558_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210122-195558_Gallery.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 71

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
Following. I have the sway bar installed and have the parts to do the TRO with 1-ton Chev parts this spring. I think I’m going to just see if it fits and if not I’ll weld tabs on my radius arm caps like old-school dual shock mounts as suggested by the other poster.

OP
OP
RODRIG3911

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
Following. I have the sway bar installed and have the parts to do the TRO with 1-ton Chev parts this spring. I think I’m going to just see if it fits and if not I’ll weld tabs on my radius arm caps like old-school dual shock mounts as suggested by the other poster.

DonaldDouchebag, Man I just you noticed that. I though .94 was talking about dual shock hoops haha. Once you said that I went back and took a look. Welded tabs on the radius arms is a great idea for the bottom arms mount on the Hellwig! Looks like much more room

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
With the Duff Heim steer. I too a closer pic for you. As you can see, plenty of room.

Attachments

• heim helwig.jpg
    heim helwig.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 69

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
DonaldDouchebag, Man I just you noticed that. I though .94 was talking about dual shock hoops haha. Once you said that I went back and took a look. Welded tabs on the radius arms is a great idea for the bottom arms mount on the Hellwig! Looks like much more room

Yeah! I think it could definitely buy us a little bit more clearance getting that lower mount closer to the spring.

OP
OP
RODRIG3911

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
With the Duff Heim steer. I too a closer pic for you. As you can see, plenty of room.

ngsd your lower Hellwig mount looks nice and perfectly parallel, as apposed to mine that angles down. Did you bend yours up? I guess it could be a difference in Castor on our suspension setups also.

Donald I agree! another fix might be cutting the mount and re-welding it shorter, closer to the coil spring

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There are two holes drilled in the lower mount bracket. I wonder if you could drill a matching hole in front of the first and move the bracket back and cut the rear off. No welding needed that way.

OP
OP
RODRIG3911

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
There are two holes drilled in the lower mount bracket. I wonder if you could drill a matching hole in front of the first and move the bracket back and cut the rear off. No welding needed that way.

.94 great thinking! would probably work as long as the front hole is in a good spot. I know the Bronco Hellwig engineer is on this Forum. I read some of his posts when they first designed it years ago. Maybe he'll chime in ;D

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
ngsd your lower Hellwig mount looks nice and perfectly parallel, as apposed to mine that angles down. Did you bend yours up? I guess it could be a difference in Castor on our suspension setups also.

Donald I agree! another fix might be cutting the mount and re-welding it shorter, closer to the coil spring

I did not modify anything on it. Fit as is.

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru

If it’s too close it wouldn’t be hard to weld the holes up and then redrill them.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I noticed that too, mine angle down. Could the C bushings affect that? Mine are 7°

All of the sudden we have a ton of TRO guys with the Hellwig haha

OP
OP
RODRIG3911

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
Thanks for the help fellas! I was able to install it over the knuckles without any interface with the Helwig. I'm kinda wondering if Duff started welding the saddle in further towards the driver's side?.. Even at full lock it doesn't really get that close.

Attachments

• 20210327_180433.jpg
    20210327_180433.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 35