• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ultimate Luber Build

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
Round here we go to the dump (Pardon me, monsure THE TRANSFER STATION), hoity toity. Anyway the only reason to ever go there is they got a scale. Use it to weigh U when U come in w/stuff, dump it, they weigh U goin out. Make U pay for the difference. I went in w a token (20 lbs) just get weighed. Some places (sm. towns) will do it for your frnt, then turn around n put the back on.
We had this conversation just a little while ago. I suggested the asker go over the race track. My buddy sets his car up (each of the 4 wheels has a different amount of spring , and tire pressure). He got lill' scales he can put under each wheel if he want.
Check the thread search if we got 1.
Good luck.

OP
OP
D

douglasmiller

Loc.
Menifee, CA
Round here we go to the dump (Pardon me, monsure THE TRANSFER STATION), hoity toity. Anyway the only reason to ever go there is they got a scale. Use it to weigh U when U come in w/stuff, dump it, they weigh U goin out. Make U pay for the difference. I went in w a token (20 lbs) just get weighed. Some places (sm. towns) will do it for your frnt, then turn around n put the back on.
We had this conversation just a little while ago. I suggested the asker go over the race track. My buddy sets his car up (each of the 4 wheels has a different amount of spring , and tire pressure). He got lill' scales he can put under each wheel if he want.
Check the thread search if we got 1.
Good luck.

Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately my 67' is not complete, so I am hoping someone has weighed there rig with a similar set-up. I know it is a long shot, but I don't want to do a full mock up just to get the weight of my rig. I just need a starting point to get the right spring rate and valving, from there I tune the the bypass shock in for my desired ride. (So I hope)

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
the right spring rate and valving
Often the co which manaf the product can tell U the proper selection. Bilstien did so for me, as did Skyjacker. They know.

from there I tune
yes, indeed. AFTER the manaf gets U close.

Good Luck w/build - sounds like a good 1!

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
I have scales, but my Bronco is not streetable. I will take the scales home and weight it tonight if you need me to. Mine are the four scales which will be able to give front to back and side by side weights.

OP
OP
D

douglasmiller

Loc.
Menifee, CA
I have scales, but my Bronco is not streetable. I will take the scales home and weight it tonight if you need me to. Mine are the four scales which will be able to give front to back and side by side weights.

That would be awesome, if it is not to much of a pain for you. Thanks a ton.

OP
OP
D

douglasmiller

Loc.
Menifee, CA
Dana 44 Pictures

I finished my front axle this weekend. It turned out to be a lot more work than I thought, but I am happy with the result. All that is left to do is the front cover, which I bought the ARB but I don’t want it bright red, so I will be taking it to the powder coater as soon as I get my wheels. On that note, I thought I should share my experience thus far with Stockton Wheel. I was told I would have my wheels within 4-6 weeks. It has now been 10 weeks with no definite answer as to when I will receive my order. I have called every week for the last month with more promises for a week to two. Friday I called and waited on hold for about 15 minutes before I was told I would get a call back shortly. I never heard back, so I called at the end of the day and the guy told me he was going to check on the order personally. I waited on hold for 20 minutes before getting irritated and hanging up. Hopefully the wheels show up the way I am expecting them to look. As of right now, I would not recommend doing business with Stockton Wheel.

Attachments

• DSCF4598.jpg
    DSCF4598.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCF4599.jpg
    DSCF4599.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCF4602.jpg
    DSCF4602.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCF4609.jpg
    DSCF4609.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 220
  • DSCF4610.jpg
    DSCF4610.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCF4612.jpg
    DSCF4612.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 201

broncojack

Contributor
On that note, I thought I should share my experience thus far with Stockton Wheel. I was told I would have my wheels within 4-6 weeks. It has now been 10 weeks with no definite answer as to when I will receive my order. I have called every week for the last month with more promises for a week to two. Friday I called and waited on hold for about 15 minutes before I was told I would get a call back shortly. I never heard back, so I called at the end of the day and the guy told me he was going to check on the order personally. I waited on hold for 20 minutes before getting irritated and hanging up. Hopefully the wheels show up the way I am expecting them to look. As of right now, I would not recommend doing business with Stockton Wheel.

It took me 8 months to get my wheels from them and then had to send 2 back to get the chrome right. 4 months later they came back to me.

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Somehow I just found this thread... "Houseofdiesel" was doing a build called 4.6L terminator or similar to that not too long ago. He used a forklift and weighed his front and rear end seperately. He is using some different components than you, but it might give you a good idea.

Here's a link to the page where he weighed it

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
Plez go to the District Atty's office (by phone/net). That's here in MA anyway (may B the Atty General's Office). Within is the Consumer Protection Division - Office. Ask for them to pick up the case. This is outrageous - they should B payin us! Tell the Better Biz Bureau, newspapers etc. I'm outta work n would love to wrk there, run the equip/make that co. better. Barring that they should go outta biz. I get dicked all the time it seems, but it's by little chit companies I shouldnta gone to anyway. NO Thing wrks w/them cept small claims court n often they just shine that on anyway.

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
Really nice build.

Custon wheels can take forever. I ordered a set of iforged for my vette they told me 30 days. Ended up taking 4 months.

OP
OP
D

douglasmiller

Loc.
Menifee, CA
It took me 8 months to get my wheels from them and then had to send 2 back to get the chrome right. 4 months later they came back to me.

Not what I wanted to hear, but I kind of figured that might be the case. I called twice again last week with the same result. I feel like telling them to fly a kite and give me my money back, which was a full payment to get started by the way. Unfortunately, I really want the wheels for this build. I think it will really help pull off the retro mod look I am trying to pull off. I guess I will have to be patient for now.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
have to be patient

Depends on how U approach it w/them.
One yr. is a little much (or was it 10 mo.?) don't U agree?
Again, this is
outrageous
. Not all their customers are provided service this way, I'm sure.
If folks want, let's discuss some options...

OP
OP
D

douglasmiller

Loc.
Menifee, CA
351W with Stock Hood

Has anybody seen an EB with a 351W and a stock hood? I am considering reworking the motor stand offs on the frame to sit about 1 1/2" lower. I also have the 7 quart oil pan from WH, which may be an issue.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
cut the lower hood cross memember that goes top to bottom out and notch the lower side to side one out, run a drop base aircleaner and you can do it.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
EB with a 351W and a stock hood?
EFI or carb?
Yes, Bronc Matt (NC) has 1 I believe. Did the front bumper write up in BD mag.
I wuz supprised the SL can help, and of course a Body Lift would help. Sounds like U know how to "slot" the motor towers, sometimes a different motor mount can help. Of course the last 2 can (not sure w/this 1) mean U get so low there's...7 quart oil pan from WH, which may be an issue. Big help is a spare hood if U can't C/measure how much clearence U need just close it after cuttin a hole in it and it's pretty easy to measure then ;-}

OP
OP
D

douglasmiller

Loc.
Menifee, CA
EB with a 351W and a stock hood?
EFI or carb?
Yes, Bronc Matt (NC) has 1 I believe. Did the front bumper write up in BD mag.
I wuz supprised the SL can help, and of course a Body Lift would help. Sounds like U know how to "slot" the motor towers, sometimes a different motor mount can help. Of course the last 2 can (not sure w/this 1) mean U get so low there's...7 quart oil pan from WH, which may be an issue. Big help is a spare hood if U can't C/measure how much clearence U need just close it after cuttin a hole in it and it's pretty easy to measure then ;-}

Good idea on the spare hood. Now I just need to find a junk hood.
Thanks.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
Even a hunk a luan shimmed n mounted to the stock hood hinges can provide a mock up. I'm havin the same prob. w/ gettin a 250/4.1 in. PM Nick, above. He knows his stuff...@ minimum ask em what the 'drop base' is offa. Hate to cut up the hood's Xmembers???