• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ultimate Luber Build

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Two words for you Doug,

BAD ASS!

That look is awesome and makes me firm up even more of the notion of no cutting on my 73. Now I need to lite a fire under my engine builders asss so I can get my sons B2 done and out of the way so I can tear into my 73. She is looking mighty sad in the basement with a flat tire and inch of dust.... You my friend are a great fire starter....

OP
OP
D

douglasmiller

Loc.
Menifee, CA
Two words for you Doug,

BAD ASS!

That look is awesome and makes me firm up even more of the notion of no cutting on my 73. Now I need to lite a fire under my engine builders asss so I can get my sons B2 done and out of the way so I can tear into my 73. She is looking mighty sad in the basement with a flat tire and inch of dust.... You my friend are a great fire starter....

Thanks. That makes my day to hear another Bronco will be spared the sawzall treatment. I love the way these things look with a little tire tuck in the rear. I cosidering pushing the rearend back 1/2"-1" for a little more clearance. I also pused the front portion of the quarter panel out about 3/4" or so. It is just mocked up now but I will build new struts when the time comes. Now get the B2 done for your son, so you can get going on your rig.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Keep us posted as to the adjustments you make for clearance. I am looking at a 1" BL and the WH 2" suspension. I like your rims and had a similar idea, the old 40's style round caps and beauty rings vs the beadlocks. My EB is going to be a show quality capable restomod with all the bells and whistles I can stuff into it. I am keeping my eyes open for #2 which will get cut as it will be a daily driver/mild trail rig. I was looking at the first one to be a DD and it will be during the summer etc but I gotta have 2.... who knows maybe 3 in the far off future...LOL

sgtdcoulter

Loc.
Peachtree City Ga.
Ok Guys. Sorry for the long absence. I have let life get in the way of my Bronco Build. The wheels ended up being an absolute nightmare. When I finally got the wheels from Stockton Wheel about six months later then promised, they would not hold air for any reasonable amount of time. I was promised time and time again that they were being rebuilt with the correct number of bolts and that they would also hold air, which would be a huge plus. About three months ago the owner of Stockton Wheel sadly committed suicide. At that point it was clear I was not getting anywhere with SW after several attempts to make things right. I end up filing a claim with my bank and got results right away. I end up dealing with the son in law of the owner, who listened to the whole story and quickly gave me a full refund. I had Allied Racing Wheels strip, cut and rebuild the wheel with their bead locks. I just got them back from the powder coater a couple weeks ago. I got everything mounted up in the evenings late last week and FINALLY put them on the Bronco this morning. I am super happy with the sizing of the 16" wheel and the 255/85/16 BFG's. The whole wheel situation really deflated my desire to dive into the Bronco, as I decided to basically build this thing around the wheels and tires that I dreamed up, trying to achieve a vintage look with functionality and top notch components. I am hoping that things finally working out on the wheels will light a fire under my ass to get things rolling on this build. I hope to be posting lots of progress pictures in the near future. I am planning on stripping the Bronco down in the next couple weeks. I will be getting the frame blasted and if pricing allows I will be getting the body acid dipped. Then I should be able to start some fab work and sheet metal repairs.

The wheels and rims look great, I certainly like the stance.

scbronco

Loc.
Sumter, SC
Is the body dent free? i looked all over those pics and it looks great! i dont know what look you are shooting for, but i personally love the look of old paint as long as its not scratched through to the primer or dented. there is no way i would acid dip that thing... i think it looks great just the way it is, something about the nostalgia of it i guess... just my .02,

please take that as a compliment, damn nice rig.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
Lookin good!
Looks like 4 inches of SL on there now???
No BL currently?

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
x2 on the no acid dip. There are plenty of horror stories here about dipping coming back to bite you in the butt.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Please tell us some of these stories... I have heard nothing but good things from dipping vs blasting.

idhawkdriver

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
Just paying a little "Thank You" to Doug by throwing up my LUBR. When I picked up my rust bucket a few years ago, the poor girl didn't have any doors. Luckily, Doug had an extra set that he kindly sold to me up in Idaho. Don't lose faith brother, guys (and gals for that matter) drool at a well put together LUBR!!!!!! Keep at it.

Attachments

• IMG_4016.jpg
    IMG_4016.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 192

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
I just remember a few threads where guys were having trouble with paint bubbles after the dips. Leeching problems or careless prep, maybe? It was a while back but I remember reading a few threads like that if not here, then somewhere else. I just did a search to see if I was accurate. Apparently we have had pretty good luck with this method on the EB's. Just trying to help. I'll shut up now.:-X

ILikeBond

Would be interested to hear about any progress. Lots of elements about your build that are similar to mine.

OP
OP
D

douglasmiller

Loc.
Menifee, CA
Hi everyone,
Due to tough times I reluctantly had to sell my Luber project. I had a guy offer me way to much to turn down. I had to be realistic about the fact that I had another 30-40K to throw at it and with the addition of our second child, the cash has not been flowing in the right direction. I figured that I would offer up the wheels and tires to the Luber fans that have been following this thread. I actually sold the Bronco 6-8 months ago but was not willing to let go of the wheels as part of the package. I have a set of five wheels/tires. They are brand new with stickers and all. I would love to keep these but have come to the cold hard fact that a nice luber is not in my imediate future and sooner or later the tires will get old.?:? I am in these one off custom beadlocks for a pile of cash so they will not be given away but I am reallistic. If anyone is interested you can PM me or for a faster response email me @ douglas@mpcwood.net

Attachments

• DSCF4633.jpg
    DSCF4633.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCF4652.jpg
    DSCF4652.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCF5089.jpg
    DSCF5089.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCF5084.jpg
    DSCF5084.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 175

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
So sorry Bro', I hate hearing stories like this. I have been there 6x's. Chin up you will get another and it will be better than before, although I was a lurker I followed it from afar. I am Lubering right now and this one will not go anyplace, except to be handed down, way in the future. I can say that I have learned so much and it is showing in this build. You will do the same. Good luck and don't be a stranger here....Mo