• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Virginia Beach Meet and Greet, 4/4/09, Photos

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Me and Scott rode by to check the progress on that one last Sunday during our field trip but Mike had already split. I really enjoyed riding around in that torquey beast, Scott. Did you get another throttle return spring on it yet to hold that Monster back? Maybe we could add a burnout contest along with the ramp!!!! ;D
I'm sure the Va Beach 5-0 would love that!! (not 5.0!)

Attachments

• stroked.JPG
    stroked.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

Me and Scott rode by to check the progress on that one last Sunday during our field trip but Mike had already split. I really enjoyed riding around in that torquey beast, Scott. Did you get another throttle return spring on it yet to hold that Monster back? Maybe we could add a burnout contest along with the ramp!!!! ;D
I'm sure the Va Beach 5-0 would love that!! (not 5.0!)

I installed one more hose clamp on the throttle spring. Its good enough to nurse me through to 4/4. After 4/4, I'll start tinkering with everything again, starting with installation of the wide band upgrade. I also want to jethot coat my headers, on the order of 4 to 5 bills.

CORE4WD

Loc.
Virginia Beach
I installed one more hose clamp on the throttle spring. Its good enough to nurse me through to 4/4. After 4/4, I'll start tinkering with everything again, starting with installation of the wide band upgrade. I also want to jethot coat my headers, on the order of 4 to 5 bills.

I'd be putting the 4 to 5 bills towards a proper front axle! heh heh ;)

JIMS74

Loc.
PORTSMOUTH, VA.
I think Steve with the 72 in sulfolk has caught bronco fever again. He ordered wildhorses chevy disc brake kit and all new stainless hard lines, and a set of front axles from JBG. Going to try put them on before 4/4. I got my frame rolling again making a little progress. the cage radius arms are sweet!!!!
Jim

deanf15

Loc.
Carrollton, VA
Hope to make it...

Surfing posts about WCB radius arms and I stumbled across the gouge on the upcoming M&G. I'm USAF stationed at Langley and living in Carrollton. I've got a 72 I've been working on since 03. I've got most things to my liking except the "wandering" steering...I've fixed all the easy stuff so we'll see where it goes next. I've put the meet on the calendar so hopefully I'll catch you all there. BTW, I've got a bunch of spare parts ranging from fuel injection stuff to a hydroboost setup and a solid 302 motor. If anyone is interested, let me know. Mama sure would be happy if I cleared some stuff out the garage...

wantone

Welcome

Welcome, glad you found us. Scott (aka 4x4x289) got this all started, and he's doing a great job.

As for the parts, You wouldn't happen to have any rear quarter cutouts from flares would you? I'm trying to go back to uncut. Trying to save a few bucks.

Hope to see you there,
Mike

Surfing posts about WCB radius arms and I stumbled across the gouge on the upcoming M&G. I'm USAF stationed at Langley and living in Carrollton. I've got a 72 I've been working on since 03. I've got most things to my liking except the "wandering" steering...I've fixed all the easy stuff so we'll see where it goes next. I've put the meet on the calendar so hopefully I'll catch you all there. BTW, I've got a bunch of spare parts ranging from fuel injection stuff to a hydroboost setup and a solid 302 motor. If anyone is interested, let me know. Mama sure would be happy if I cleared some stuff out the garage...

deanf15

Loc.
Carrollton, VA
Mike -

Sure don't. Mostly engine related stuff from an EFI swap plus a fair amount of miscellaneous parts due to 5 years of "making it better." I guess it never ends.

Clint

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru

I had my headers coated by Jet Hot last year for $275 plus shipping. They were in bad shape and I think they did a good job. I can send a pic if you want to see.

OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

I had my headers coated by Jet Hot last year for $275 plus shipping. They were in bad shape and I think they did a good job. I can send a pic if you want to see.

Yes on the pics. fiasco5@aol.com My quote was $350 plus shipping. It accounted for fenderwell size headers and the extra 3" dia tubing that I added to the end of them. See my gallery for a picture of my system, as apparently my contributor status has just expired and I am unable to upload pictures of it.

I re-up'd my status. Here's a picture of my exhaust system.

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

Mike -

Sure don't. Mostly engine related stuff from an EFI swap plus a fair amount of miscellaneous parts due to 5 years of "making it better." I guess it never ends.

Clint

Clint,
I sent you a private message inviting you to our local email distribution, currently 20 members strong. There area another 12 out there as well. I've seen parts being sold out of the Smithfield area, you? Please spread the word up there. I can email you a 4/4 flyer for distribution.
Later
Scott

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Stopped by and checked out Jim's Bronco with the front end back under the Frame......lookin' good!!

Welcome aboard, Clint! Dang! Lookin' like the Number of EB's is still Climbing!

May have to change the title to the 1st Annual Va Beach Bronco Invasion!!

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes on the pics. fiasco5@aol.com My quote was $350 plus shipping. It accounted for fenderwell size headers and the extra 3" dia tubing that I added to the end of them. See my gallery for a picture of my system, as apparently my contributor status has just expired and I am unable to upload pictures of it.

I re-up'd my status. Here's a picture of my exhaust system.

Scott - I'll get pics out to you tonight. You'll see the headers on the bronco on 4/4.

OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

Scott - I'll get pics out to you tonight. You'll see the headers on the bronco on 4/4.

Thanks for the pics. Look forward to see you there. Updated the opening post too about the raffle. Good stuff.

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Anyone here drive a half cab white top brown maybe dark green? tried to chase you down for this event.....but you were just to fast =D

OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

I tagged a Green one last night on Shore Drive. It was parked at a gas station.

ugly_od_eb

Loc.
Moyock, NC
Lots of nice bronco's are gonna show up, but is there any ugly ones that actually see trail time? Besides maybe 2-3 of us. Also i might buy a 71 sport tomarrow so mark another EB to the ones coming lol ;D

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Lots of nice bronco's are gonna show up, but is there any ugly ones that actually see trail time? Besides maybe 2-3 of us. Also i might buy a 71 sport tomarrow so mark another EB to the ones coming lol ;D

I have an ugly one that sees the trails, and serves as a daily driver right now too, but I'm bringing the pretty one for this gig because it just got a new engine and wants to show off. Maybe next time the ugly one will get to come.