• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Virginia Beach Meet and Greet, 4/4/09, Photos

ugly_od_eb

Loc.
Moyock, NC
I have an ugly one that sees the trails, and serves as a daily driver right now too, but I'm bringing the pretty one for this gig because it just got a new engine and wants to show off. Maybe next time the ugly one will get to come.

Better not let the ugly one kno about it :-X lol. Yeah the 71 i want to do a minor restoration with uncut venders and a nice paint job but still be off road worthy. Mostly a beach cruiser and on the sand in nags head.

Bronco Biff

Contributor
I'm bringin' my Mudded, beach and trail ridden, bounced off rocks, has been daily driven '73 Bronco. I think it's purty (like a black and blue bruise!), but my daughter and her friends think it's UGLY! I keep telling them the scratches and dents are beauty marks. Same daughter had no problems driving the trails at Gore last year for the Roundup and one of said buddies rode along with her! So, i guess as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Come to think of it they weren't ducking down in the floorboards up there in the mountains like they do when ever I announced we are going to pass one of their friends around home. (I sometimes make that announcement just to watch them squirm and regain control of the radio!)

ugly_od_eb

Loc.
Moyock, NC
ah poo no go on the 71 dad looked over it and thinks its a rust bucket and there asking too much. Someone try and save this bronco i know its just gonna sit there and rust away with the other neglected muscle cars (68 charger, cudas, GTO's... all rusting away:cry: its sad man... Go to moyock muscle and see what you can save if you dont mind going deep into your wallet. Anyway the 75 is almost done just have to order some grill parts and finish up the driver side floor pan, the 10 point cage should be here anyday now. Hope i will have her mostly done by the 4th ?:?
Ment to add that im 19, am i gonna be the youngest bronco builder/driver there?? (notice i didnt say owner lol)

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Better not let the ugly one kno about it :-X lol. Yeah the 71 i want to do a minor restoration with uncut venders and a nice paint job but still be off road worthy. Mostly a beach cruiser and on the sand in nags head.

The good news for me is that both get to go to the MEB roundup since its a reasonable driving distance from home. One goes on the trails and one goes on the street cruise. I don't think it gets much better than that!

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Lots of nice bronco's are gonna show up, but is there any ugly ones that actually see trail time? Besides maybe 2-3 of us. Also i might buy a 71 sport tomarrow so mark another EB to the ones coming lol ;D

I call this a continuing project = D .....and Yes I will try to bring my ugly, if I can get tires put on it by then... = D

ugly_od_eb

Loc.
Moyock, NC
I got a deadline to finish mine before the 4th... here's my list and the parts are not here yet.
10point S&W roll cage kit
Repair radiator
Rebuild both driveshafts
paint the fenders and clean the whole under body to paint (just rattle can for now... lazy)
driver side floorpan (i have it bent up ready to weld in)
New tunnel cover for shifters so the metal doesnt rub against my leg with the 3spd hurst shifter
and some grill parts, turn signals, headlights, hardware
and trac bar drop bracket....:p whew

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Is 2 Broncos coming down 95 to 64 on Saturday morning a convoy? We'll be there! ;D

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Thanks MEB!

Speaking of rolling down the highway Scoop, I intercepted a sweatshirt Ransil was sending to you via USPS from MEB to donate for the raffle. Ran into him at the Carolina Bronco's M&G........I had the same shirt on!!!! Now it's being shipped Pony Express!!!

Thank you Randy, Gary, and the rest of the crew for the donation!!

Attachments

• Shirt2.JPG
    Shirt2.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 8
  • shirt.JPG
    shirt.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 15

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Speaking of rolling down the highway Scoop, I intercepted a sweatshirt Ransil was sending to you via USPS from MEB to donate for the raffle. Ran into him at the Carolina Bronco's M&G........I had the same shirt on!!!! Now it's being shipped Pony Express!!!

We got more MEB stuff for the raffle, but it's a secret! :cool:

Bronco Biff

Contributor
We got more MEB stuff for the raffle, but it's a secret! :cool:

Can't wait to find out what it all it is!!!

Me and jims74 just got back from the CB M&G.......What a beautiful day for a ride with all the windows down!! Saturday Night's forecast is lookin' GOOD!!

Going out to tinker now!!!

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Wow, when we let our merchandise guy out on the street you never know what might show up! I'm ready to head your way, Scott, its been a long winter and the bronco is FINALLY (I hope!) ready to make the trip.

CORE4WD

Loc.
Virginia Beach
I'm painting my cage today and installing it tomorrow. Not enough time to prep and paint the body.%) I'll be picking up the RTI ramp this week, probably Wednesday so I play on it if it doesn't rain this week....

Dave

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Wow, when we let our merchandise guy out on the street you never know what might show up! I'm ready to head your way, Scott, its been a long winter and the bronco is FINALLY (I hope!) ready to make the trip.

Alright! I can't wait to see that SWEET rig!!!

Bronco Biff

Contributor
I'm painting my cage today and installing it tomorrow. Not enough time to prep and paint the body.%) I'll be picking up the RTI ramp this week, probably Wednesday so I play on it if it doesn't rain this week....

Dave

Good deal, Dave! Git'er done!! They had a ramp at CB's meet this past weekend. Jim was trying to get me to run the 4door up it, but I was scared it would squish it!!!

OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

4/4 is shaping up!

Many feverishly preparing their Broncos specifically for this event. Bronco preservation at it's best!!!!

Weather forecast is good, 66-77 degrees per Weatherman Dave’s forecast, heh, heh.

Biff is proving a covered wagon for this event.

Have several donations for our raffle, -small but plentiful, -approximately 60 items, likely to be divided into four groups; 50/50, Parts, Women/Children, and Apparel.

Get those rigs running!!!!

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
I got a deadline to finish mine before the 4th... here's my list and the parts are not here yet.
10point S&W roll cage kit
Repair radiator
Rebuild both driveshafts
paint the fenders and clean the whole under body to paint (just rattle can for now... lazy)
driver side floorpan (i have it bent up ready to weld in)
New tunnel cover for shifters so the metal doesnt rub against my leg with the 3spd hurst shifter
and some grill parts, turn signals, headlights, hardware
and trac bar drop bracket....:p whew

My tires are on, hoods done needs to be bolted up and lock downs cut into it, starting on the floor again....hoping the rain will hold out

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
well I'm sorry to say I can't make it now.. :cry:

W/ this week's rain , it's put me behind on a couple projects I must get done this weekend..
So while you'll are getting your EB fix , I'll be spreading dirt and installing Sod for one of my customers all weekend..
Life as a small business owner , does tend to take away alot of my "me" time lately...lol

I hope to see ya at the MEB R/U in June !!! :cool:
Tony..
aka 67halfer

OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

I just completed sorting through a ton of emails, and stuff. We are expecting:

1) A miniumum of 30 Classic Bronco Owners to be in attendance, with a minimum 20 Classic Broncos to show, including: Suffolk Steve, Biff, Nut Stripper, 408w, 460, 6bt, Lance, Lynn, 1 ton Core, 1 ton Billy, Ed, X2 Ray, Clint, Vic, Blair, Pearl, Scoop, Troy, and Mike

2) A signficant quantity of Full Size Broncos will show.

3) The weather forecast says 67 degrees, with a zero chance of rain.

3) 57 prizes will be raffled, in four groups, with half of the funds fed back into a 50/50, with all proceeds collected donated in memory of Cecil.

Get those rigs running!! Its going to be a great day!!!