• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

**WARNING** Graphic images within

turbotim2

This may be difficult for some to stomach...

Attachments

• 20160412_093330.jpg
    20160412_093330.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 506
  • 20160412_093802.jpg
    20160412_093802.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 473

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Turbo,
Whatcha gonna do wth those cutouts? I'm very interested in them if you are wanting to part with them. Matt

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
I hope that the blurry thing in the 2nd pic isn't a finger that was removed in the process :)

Good work.

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
I'm sure the guy that cut down the last tree on Easter Island had no idea what a horrible thing he was doing either.

jeff_gates

looks good,

I would have put the flare on the Bronco, drawn the line, then cut on the line.

--Jeff

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Ha! ...wait...I don't get it?

You know, Easter Island.....its inhabitants slowly cut down all the trees until the island was left bare and then erosion took away the rich soil, until the island was this barren waste land that couldn't support its inhabitants. I read some article years ago about the island and in the article the writer wondered if the person cutting down the last tree understood the significance of his act. Probably not since he wasn't around when the island was plush with trees.

I was trying for some analogy about the person cutting the last uncut Bronco, but I guess it was a stretch.

http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/world-heritage/easter-island/

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
You could have practiced on mine Saturday! ;D

Funny, I was thinking the same thing! No way you were going to hurt that rig.........

If our resident sawzall tech was there Saturday, it would have happened!

Go for it, Tim! (keep the fingers, though) %)

Oh, BTW, good meeting you Sat. Hope to see ya at May It Forward, with or without the EB!

GStaudt

Loc.
Honolulu
You know, Easter Island.....its inhabitants slowly cut down all the trees until the island was left bare and then erosion took away the rich soil, until the island was this barren waste land that couldn't support its inhabitants. I read some article years ago about the island and in the article the writer wondered if the person cutting down the last tree understood the significance of his act. Probably not since he wasn't around when the island was plush with trees.

I was trying for some analogy about the person cutting the last uncut Bronco, but I guess it was a stretch.

http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/world-heritage/easter-island/

I follow, and concur. The more I see people cut theirs, the more I wish I had bought one that was uncut so I could enjoy what is becoming more rare. each their own.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, I've spent about 60 hours welding in the cutouts on my '68. Good that I had them from the original owner, good that I learned a lot about welding sheet metal and the bodywork to make them nice. Still working on one side to get it right. May have been $ ahead to replace that quarter. But....it's all original now! But seriously, cuts can be replaced! Have fun with your Bronco. It's a hobby after all.