• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

We're goin to Windrock now, not Flat Nasty, PIC'S !

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
I'm not saying it's good or bad - I just wanted to know up front. And I think the comments earlier in this thread about "...IF you choose to pay the fees..." are symptomatic of why trails are being closed. I don't consider it an option; if you wanna play, you gotta pay. But I have to know before I commit to going.

Re: armed
I did notice that normal carry permits are now acceptable for all visitors to carry handguns at any time in the TWMAs, whether hunting or not. TN officially recognizes permits from AR, KY, MS, and some others, but not AL. IDK what the Coal Creek rules are.

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
I'm not saying it's good or bad - I just wanted to know up front. And I think the comments earlier in this thread about "...IF you choose to pay the fees..." are symptomatic of why trails are being closed. I don't consider it an option; if you wanna play, you gotta pay. But I have to know before I commit to going.

Re: armed
I did notice that normal carry permits are now acceptable for all visitors to carry handguns at any time in the TWMAs, whether hunting or not. TN officially recognizes permits from AR, KY, MS, and some others, but not AL. IDK what the Coal Creek rules are.

This I did not know. Thank you for pointing that out and providing the link. I too agree that paying the relatively small fee is a good way to help (nothing is certain) insure we keep our trails. It is after all a form of revenue.

MpCrewcab

Loc.
Jefferson, WI
Can't go to any other park in this area for any less than that, and the parks are no way like those in the south. Just happy to have a place to wheel! See everyone in a few weeks.

OP
OP
joe

joe

Bronco Guru
Yep!

I'm just glad that ya'll are gona make it!.... All of Ya'll ;D

once again..... this is gona be GREAT!

MpCrewcab

Loc.
Jefferson, WI
What are the parks in your area? Cliff's Insane Terrain & McCaslin Mt are the only ones I know of, and I think McCaslin is free (State Nature Area). Forest Island MI is just a little further, and I think it's free, too.

Mainly go to the Badlands in Attica--It was about $80.00 for the 3 of us to wheel this summer for 2 days. Gave up on McCaslin since they closed about 1/2 of the trails, and after heading south to some southern parks really there is no comparision. Now, 4-5 times a year we head south to wheel. Cant been the wheeling, scenery and the PEOPLE. At just about 11 hours and 700+ miles it will be another long night drive but we will be ready to wheel on thursday am. Should roll in about 4-5am depending on Chitown traffic.

DrBronco, off what route do you live in Chicago? If we leave here about 4p it would put us to the heart of Chitown about 6ishpm on wednesday, I think you said you would be ready to roll at that time? We can meet along there or at the other side? We should have an extra driver perhaps to help ya drive too if you want, or atleast someone to chat with. We would anticipate with 4-5 drivers for the 2 trucks we will just take turns and roll the whole way, and catch a few winks in the am in TN.

Still trying to get Ralphie to load up his 2 place with someone and head down....depending on finishing/status of a construction job though.
K

74dave

i'll send bronco ben a message and get back with you. blue jeep ben is coming, a guy that i wheel with often.

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
I'm off I 90 or I 94. Either one as they are both 2 minutes from the house. I should be ready to roll around 6-6:30 as well on Wednesday.

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
I got my welded diff put back together today, and broke it again. I dunno if I'll make it.

Are you just welding the gears and then gears to case? If so, try this. Mic between your axle gears and get the distance between them. Cut a piece of (I used 1-1/4" sch 80 pipe) to that distance. Put it between the axle gears...you'll want a tight fit. Then weld as usual but now weld the axle gears to the pipe. I bored a hole through the pipe and reinstalled the pin that goes through the spider gears. I beat the crap out of a diff like this and never broke anything...other than axles...;D

Hope you make it...

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pardon the laziness on not reading, what is the final call for Sat? Windrock or Royal Blue?
Thanks,
kb

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Are you just welding the gears...
Yeah, I gutted it & just had him weld the side gears to the carrier. I didn't expect much; it was more of an experiment (that failed). :-[ If I go, it'll be with a replacement axle, but IDK if I'll have time to get it swapped in. I've been working on a '93 that was abandoned for ~6 years, and other things have come up. :(

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Will you be joining us Karl?

I spoke with Joe tonight. Myself and a couple of buddy rigs will be there Sat. around 930. The rock slide on I 40 has added about 50 min to our tow!!! Looking fwd to seeing folks I haven't seen in a while :)
Karl