• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

We're goin to Windrock now, not Flat Nasty, PIC'S !

msweb

Bronco Guru
Lol...there's truff in them words. Heres a shot of a couple Elk out in front of the office...:cool:

What'd you say your address was??? Geesh! I know they had been released out there and that they were doing well but not just roaming the streets. How many tags did they release for them?

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
What'd you say your address was??? Geesh! I know they had been released out there and that they were doing well but not just roaming the streets. How many tags did they release for them?

We see them quite often around here. They’re not running in the streets or anything like that and sometimes we may go a week or two without seeing one. The most I've seen at one time was a small herd of 6 last year on the same trail we’re going to be running. They only released 5 or 6 kill tags “buck only” this year and all tagged out within the first day or two. I heard a lady was the last to tag out but she killed the largest. It’s not uncommon to hear one bugle in the early morning.

Joe, have we settled on Saturday? I need to let some others know so they can hopefully make plans to join us…Brain, Thomas, Mark and Suzy from Duff’s along with a few other locals.

partsflyin

I drafted some good help for next weekend to see if I can pull of getting the ol girl together in time!!!
recent pic's
slimpics-072.jpg

slimpics-081.jpg

Any body wanna start a pool?? Will she make it?

OP
OP
joe

joe

Bronco Guru
I drafted some good help for next weekend to see if I can pull of getting the ol girl together in time!!!
recent pic's
slimpics-072.jpg

slimpics-081.jpg

W :eek: W!

C :cool: :cool: L

Yea! Slims gona come out to play! remember, i luv pineapple ;D

whats the pool for, looks good bro! bring it!

Anthony, Saturday it is, To the Sandmine, Your the Trail Guide, i'll follow ;)

Just tell us where and when to meet, I cant wait!

Last edited:

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
Okay, so here is the tentative schedule for Saturday. Meet at Shoney’s at exit 134 off I75N. There is a gas station beside Shoney for those that would like to gas up. On the other side of the station is a huge parking lot for those that wish to tow and unload. The trail head is about a mile from Shoney’s. Would like to pull out of the parking lot at 10:00am…I of coarse will be at Shoney’s around 9 for the breakfast bar ;D

Hope this is agreeable with everyone but I’m sure we can be flexible.

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
How far is the Shoney's from the campground? My truck doesn't have the best street manners, and by Saturday.............well who knows.:-X

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
recent pic's
slimpics-072.jpg

slimpics-081.jpg

Dang slim...not much of the old Bronco left...but sure looks sweet! Looking forward to riding with you again. It's been awhile.

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
Okay, so here is the tentative schedule for Saturday. Meet at Shoney’s at exit 134 off I75N. There is a gas station beside Shoney for those that would like to gas up. On the other side of the station is a huge parking lot for those that wish to tow and unload. The trail head is about a mile from Shoney’s. Would like to pull out of the parking lot at 10:00am…I of coarse will be at Shoney’s around 9 for the breakfast bar ;D

Hope this is agreeable with everyone but I’m sure we can be flexible.

Anthony, I remember the ride to the trail head was not bad, but the ride from the end of the trail was pretty brutal on my rig last time (40th anniversary). We run 4 PSI in a $400+ tire and I really don't want to run it on the street as far as I did before. Is there another way down that does not involve as much pavement back to the trailers? Just let me know.

Stephen

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
I-75 is about 20 mi from Oliver Springs; seems like a long drive for vehicles that may not be street-legal. I've never been there, but it looks like there's plenty of room to park & unload at Coal Creek.

Why not meet in Oak Ridge? There's a Shoney's (if that's what you're after) close to a super Wal-Mart, gas stations, banks, parts stores, secret nuclear laboratories, car washes... %) Ooops...

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
I-75 is about 20 mi from Oliver Springs; seems like a long drive for vehicles that may not be street-legal. I've never been there, but it looks like there's plenty of room to park & unload at Coal Creek.

Why not meet in Oak Ridge? There's a Shoney's (if that's what you're after) close to a super Wal-Mart, gas stations, banks, parts stores, secret nuclear laboratories, car washes... %) Ooops...

I think we are talking about Bue Royal on Saturday after Windrock on Thu-Fri.