• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What did you use to replace the under hood jack?

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
The old bottle jack was too short and unstable on uneven surfaces. I replaced it with a nice scissor jack from my old Aerostar van. I carried that jack for years. Well, I had a flat and that jack wouldn't lift the car. Twisted the crank like a pretzel.%)
So now I need a replacement. What works for you and still fits nicely under the hood? I don't want to carry it in the car with me.

JSBX

Contributor
Jack.

I like scissor jacks. I have several that are fairly heavy duty. Most came out of full size trucks. I look for them at the pick and pull. I weld an old 1/2" drive socket on them where the handle normally goes and you can use a half inch impact to lift or you can use the jack to spread things apart. I have lifted full size trucks and my bronco many times with no problem. Even used a cordless impact on one to jack up my Bronco.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
I have a scissor jack I kept out of a '88 chevy 1 ton PU.I keep it in the box behind the rear seat ,but sure you could rig it up on the front inner fender. Not really a scissor,more of a ratcheting swing arm.
We used it to put a 1 inch lift on a friends Bronco, just put a 2x4 under the rocker and the jack on a tree round. Shade Tree at it's best.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Pics, just for you Mark. 22in long, 14 in lift

Attachments

• 20150309_150611.jpg
    20150309_150611.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 20150309_150653.jpg
    20150309_150653.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 131