• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Fed Ex says they delived my D20 rebuild kit at 11:43am...nothing there at 5pm tonight tho. I hope it's there when I get home tonight.

BorderBronco

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Jumped the gun and went ahead and removed the half cab top. Supposed to be near 80 this coming week. Gotta love the lack of winter in South Texas :D
Roll bar and bikini top to be ordered soon.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Installed a new rear-view mirror with map lights wired off the dome light selection of the headlight switch. Also installed a combined radiator overflow & washer fluid tank from an F150.

Attachments

• map-light-mirror.jpg
    map-light-mirror.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 30
  • overflow-tank.jpg
    overflow-tank.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 37

Bubbaluv

Loc.
Agoura Hills, CA
Just odds and ends this weekend. Swapped out a bunch of misc. nuts and bolts with stainless. Polished out the chrome on my steering wheel and soldered up some fittings on some speaker wire. Hope to get to the fender emblems tomorrow.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Installed the new shift collar and blinker switch on the steering column and put the steering column back together. No longer have to pry the collar with one hand while moving the lever with the other.
Discovered the master cylinder brake switch had been replaced with a plug. Found a switch at O'Reilys, and now have brake lights.

JimAndA72

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
A new Pertronix ignition module on a Pertronix distributor that was purchased brand new back in July 2011. Changed the oil/filter, cleaned carb and air cleaner housing, replaced the air filter and spark plugs because of the faulty module (It backfired a couple times.) Now she's running better than ever.

The Pertonix module was under warranty, so I bought a new one so I could get to work and I'm sending the defective one in for replacement so I'll have a spare. Hopefully this isn't a common problem on the Pertronix electronic ignition set-up. Had to test the entire ignition system to determine it was the almost new module.

All in all it was a very enjoyable day. :) Kinda proud of myself for figuring it out. Engine electrical used to intimidate me. Not so much anymore.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
nothing unfortunately. put some bucks into the '97 ranger this week to get some more mileage and performance out of it since it's a daily driver.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Nice mods xcntrk. Looking forward to doing those mod myself.

Fred
Thanks Fred... My only bit of advice on the F150 overflow tank is that you need about a 1" spacer between the mounting ears and the fender well in order to push the tank away from the fender enough for the lids to open and clear everything. I used some steel spacers from Summit (since I had an order going in) but you can use anything really. ~Good luck

nutter3

Two new front brake lines from BC Broncos installed last night, brakes bled and ready to plow again. COME on snow!

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Pulled out my aux fuel tank, not used in many years... lots of 30 year old bronco dirt came raining down, tasted great! :-X What little gas that was in there was pretty rank. Will take it in for a thorough purge Monday.

Attachments

• Aux Furl Tank Out 30.JPG
    Aux Furl Tank Out 30.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 16

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
BC,pulled mine out a couple weeks ago and don't think I'm gonna be able to reuse it?Man they was some crap in there that looks liked solid molasses:eek: and stuck in there pretty good.I been letting it soak and I don't know if it's gonna come out!!:(

Phil76

Loc.
Aransas Pass, TX
Fitted and welded up passenger side exhaust: Flowmaster Super 44 Extreme Duty's and 2.5" pipes. Need to relocate electric fuel pump to outside of frame, so we can mock up the driver's side. Then we can measure for the H pipe. Sweet sounds coming soon!!!;D

twisted77

Loc.
Evansville, Indiana
Got my aux tank out today. completely dry!!! looks great. Think I am going to use that mod I seen with the motorcylce gas cap doors for the EB.

I also scoored a dana axle out of a chebby, complete from hub to hub. Now all I need is ford hubs and disks.

Also got some real cool v8 badges I am going to use on my dash, one on each end. They are about 1 1/2 tall and 1 1/2 wide and chrome.

Bryce

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Got my aux tank out today. completely dry!!! looks great. Think I am going to use that mod I seen with the motorcylce gas cap doors for the EB.

I also scoored a dana axle out of a chebby, complete from hub to hub. Now all I need is ford hubs and disks.

Also got some real cool v8 badges I am going to use on my dash, one on each end. They are about 1 1/2 tall and 1 1/2 wide and chrome.

Bryce

What-not pic's of them :cool:v8 badges:cool:

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
BC,pulled mine out a couple weeks ago and don't think I'm gonna be able to reuse it?Man they was some crap in there that looks liked solid molasses:eek: and stuck in there pretty good.I been letting it soak and I don't know if it's gonna come out!!:(

Yeah HC, mines not too bad, but I'm gonna have a pro clean it just to make sure I don't get any cr@p in my fuel system. Good luck with yours. They're $159 new, you can get a good used one at Toms for $95.