• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

aaronmichorn

Loc.
Taylorsville
Just replaced both rear taillights in the wal mart parking lot.

After the last wheeling trip I took her though an automatic car wash to knock most of the mud off. Evidently that water got through the lens and cracked both bulbs. Been driving it that way for three weeks. No tails, no brakes. I was 20 miles from home in the dark, so i decided that was as good a time as any to put in new bulbs.

Raven Tooth

Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
I added a passenger mirror and spent a lot of time scrubbing and hosing my front diff to clean off all the caked on mud or clay or whatever that stubborn muck was. Sprayed it with rust neutralizer for surface rust so I can paint it all black.

sriha

Started forming my fan shroud. Kind of wish I had a brake press to make the bending easier and cleaner.

holt 45's bronc

Loc.
Centerview, MO
put new spark plugs, new plug wires, new battery and new ignition switch in my bronco. just waiting for tomorrow to get my starter and we should be able to start it for the first time!!

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Washed off all the hunting season mud this afternoon; It probably took 500 gallons of water and a gallon of Speedy cleaner!!!! Part of the mud had been on since late October, and it was STUCK!!!! The 13hp Honda pressure washer and the forklift are essentials for a deep cleaning!!!!;D;D

Lookin good, I don't think I've ever seen patches clean before.;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Measured front width of outside to outside see how big of a trailer I need. Right at 84" w/the spacers and 13.50's..

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Measured front width of outside to outside see how big of a trailer I need. Right at 84" w/the spacers and 13.50's..

sounds like you are about the same width as mine with 14.5" tires.
I had a dream about working on it and was even pulling my fithwheel though the woods with it, does that count%)

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Converting it into a Hovercraft!!!;D

New shoes will be here tomorrow.

Attachments

• 2012-02-27_17-53-14_716.jpg
    2012-02-27_17-53-14_716.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 35

mattt

Bronco Guru
Took mine for a 'first date' with the rollers to get tuned and see what she does. My mix match of EFI parts is all squared away now with a tune on a chip. 250hp & 300 ft/lbs at the wheels. Once I got home I realized my base timing was only at 8*, so I need to correct that & bump up to 10*-12*. No more roller dates though....one was enough. Wonder what she woulda put down with correct timing?

My timing error was caused by painting a yellow line at 10* on the balancer. Now that the wide paint line is gone and I have yellow paint down in the numbers and hash marks I can see exactly where my timing is....shoulda done that before 'date night.' Oh well....

NYLES

Bronco Guru
finshed grizz in the front install my hubs its done and workin again!

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
pulled the pass side valve cover off my 71 to see what the valve train noise was. found 2 bent pushrods everything else looks good. luckliy I have a set of pushrods from my 73. So now I just have to clean up the valve cover and repaint and install. of course now this means i have to pull the other valve cover and paint it as well.

BRONCO26

Loc.
SENOIA
Just got my bronco bob cage delivered today now I got to weld it together then paint it and do the final install.

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Ordered a new steering wheel and new aluminum headlight bezels from TBP. Shipped today and will be here Friday- now that's service!!

TD