• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

BRONCROB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WISNER LA.
Made some quick speaker panels.I think I'm gonna make the whole side panels soon with a sub in the rear.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404509659381.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404509659381.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 48

Tram

Bronco Guru
Finished up my cage and got it installed..

a3ugu2e2.jpg

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
cleaned out all around it so I can get back to working on it after several months of nothing getting done.

buck68

My son and I installed his hood shocks, hood pins and quiet hinges in his tailgate today. Small accomplishments but nice things to have. The hood shocks are my favorite.

trekgurl

All day yesterday and 1/2 day today. Fitted the new fuel pump..plumbed fuel line to fuel pump, made all the fuel line connections to the new gas tank (fabbed a bracket for filler neck) and started to plumb fuel pump to carb. Dry fitted the vapor cannister at the side and charcoal cannister at the front. Installed longer clutch rod, re-installed the steering column bracket and battery tray.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Removed roll cage. Removed seats. Cleaned, scuffed, lined interior. Added Corbeau XRS seats and harnesses.

Soft top and fold & tumble seat will be here Monday.

Bailie Bilt cage will be done sometime.

PGreenlawMD

Loc.
New Bern
Finally got the engine put all back together

Today was adjusting new PS and bracket/hoses and alternator one wire with new bracket, aligning pulleys (many washers later), putting on new belts, putting the fan, fan shroud, radiator all back in with new hoses, including new heater hoses, new vacuum line to distributor.

The best news is she fired up like a champ. No leaks, no shorts, no pulley squeaks/squeals.

Next up new fuel line and fuel filter which I have. Also new PCV line and clamps, new radiator, radiator shroud and brackets which I have not yet ordered but now that i know all of this is running well I can move on.

Don't pay attention to the power brake booster; a little experiment on color before I move onto to chrome

Attachments

• IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 49

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Attempted to center the steering this morning. Used the dump as an excuse to go for a test drive. And the package store. And Martins drive in for onion rings. Got milk too. Oh, and it does steer better. Not perfect, but better. Wife and daughter didn't mind the extended ride either!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 54

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Replaced old 30x9.50 tires that started going flat on my 71 with some 31x10.50's gonna have to start driving the 71 more get some useage out of the tires.

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My son and I installed his hood shocks, hood pins and quiet hinges in his tailgate today. Small accomplishments but nice things to have. The hood shocks are my favorite.

I was thinking about this upgrade, but wasn't sure if I wanted to drill into my hood. (assumed it would be required)

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Installed new hood pins. Scary drilling through the hood but turned out sweet.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Drove my 77 to church this morning and got pulled over by show low police I was going 25 in a 45 zone so I knew it wasn't for speeding and he said in AZ we have the move over law which I knew about he didn't give me a ticket he did say is it for sale and I said no , I said you wouldn't believe how often I get asked that ,he said I believe it and mine not restored

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
Took mine on a 250 mile round trip this week end. Both drives during the heat of the day which is 95.

This was it's first real long range test drive after swapping the 3:50 for 4:88 gears.

It performed like a dream. Motor is humming at approx 2300 rpm when at 65. A little bit of a chassis vibration at 65 which goes away at 70. I found it runs smoothest at 80 to 85 (keeping up with speeders in 75 mph zone).

The motor never got above 200 and the trans never got above 190.

On the other hand, the driver needed a/c back at 85 degrees. I think I found my next project.

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did you move them back? You know how we like pics.

I decided to put them in place of the bumpers. I was concerned with denting the hood if I moved them back or in. There's no reinforcement there and it turned out good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 64

trekgurl

1/2 day today,, removed the radiator and fan shroud. Trimmed the fan shroud on the bottom half of the opening by about 5/8 to 7/8 of a inch (due to 1" BL) . Re-installed the whole mess and plenty of clearance now. Re-installed pipes and mufflers. Few more things before I crank it up.