• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Oh yeah, Home depot, Lowes, ACE, should all have it. I think it's classified as paneling. Think lightweight particle or plywood. It's almost like a foamboard but with a weak wood filler...

I made an entire bumper out of Lauan, did all my fitment of every piece, glued it altogether to get a final look & feel, then took it all apart and used each piece as a template for cutting. Worked like a champ and cost me maybe $14 bucks...

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
Got my C4 cooler AN- fittings in the mail today. When I got home I took my trusty Maglight, lowered my carcass to the ground and installed them. Woo Hoo;D That is all.

Attachments

• 94.jpg
    94.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 95.jpg
    95.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 96.jpg
    96.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 33

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
Will do. I am now considering having the original holes on the arms and cast caps made bigger and retapped. Might be overkill but, I was thinking it would be prepped for the future HD CO perches that will eventually reside there instead of the cups. On the BB the larger bolt spread, no pun intended spreads the load more than the tighter EB pattern. The arms are going to be made longer and tubed and plated and I am still debating to go JJ or a BFHJ(heim joint). Since this will be primarily a street ride, I am leaning JJ. Out back 4link uppers triangulated, but not sure if you can run the JJ's horizontally.

jcpetrson

Received my roll cage and door inserts and put them in the garage. We have a January Thaw this weekend, so hoping to get a lot done.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
^These are the Classic-III's. New model and successor to the Classic-II which have been around forever.

But no, it looks to be all aluminum from what I can tell.

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
Bummer. Its probably not a really important feature but it sold me when I was trying to decide between those and the Pro Comps. I do like the bigger holes though so Im probably going to still buy some street locks in black. Those look sweet though.

BroncoTonko

Loc.
San Pedro, CA
Horse first, cart 2nd...

Prep'ing for trips. Cut fenders and installed flares. Wish they'd included screws that were longer than they were... way too short.
Why is that I always do the non-important stuff first?

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
Finally got a chance to work on the bronco, been sick for three weeks. Tonight, removed the heater core assembly and made some measurements for computer mounting.

Phil76

Loc.
Aransas Pass, TX
Put locking nuts on the rocker arms, and got her dialed in where she purrs like a kitten. Also, finished my $2 LED upgrade to the dash bar lights. Amazing difference!!! Almost ready for the road!