• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What the heck ford just pissed me off. Welded front fender support

Jeremy0201

Loc.
Tucson
So I've spent half a day so far removing bumper, front fender grill bolts in very difficult spots now I see the grill support or radiator support bracket is tack welded to the fender or battery tray supports..??? Wtf.. I just bent the heck out of my fender to try and hammer the tack spots off.. I'm trying to drop my engine in and I wanted to make it easier not sure my hoist will go that high 2 in lift 33's and clear that support grill... Whats the trick.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Let the air out of those 33's and get the a$$ end up high on jack stands.

Once the motor clears you can adjust the air and rear to help with alignment.

Tim

70_Steve

Old Guy
Let the air out of those 33's and get the a$$ end up high on jack stands.
Or pull off the wheels and put the front diff on jackstands.

My 351 cleared the core support with 35's, a 2 1/2" suspension lift and 2" body lift.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Same here, laid the hood up against the windshield, and my hoist lifted the engine in and out with around 6" of lift on the Bronco. Clearing the core support should be no problem.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I did a complete motor, trans, & transfer case swap. installed the compete setup all bolted together in a 1975 with a 5.5 lift and 35" tires, by simply letting the air out of the front tires.