• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's With the Attitude?

beatupbronco

Loc.
Yakima, WA
I think this site is great. There's a couple of cranky people on here, but I don't think their that bad. I've stop posting on the Pirate site, because I was getting bashed for asking newbe questions. If it wasn't for this site and alot of patient Bronco people I probably wouldn't have my Bronco. But one thing I've learn to do is use the search button.

Ah you have said the magic word "pirate", forget asking a question there! I don't know how many times i see a question and it gets answered by some d*ckhead "Is it Tuesday". Man that sight has so much info and so many @ssholes that i don't post there much at all. You guys are all pretty level headed and act like adults for the most part. I appreciate it

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
I think that there are a few reasons. I don't know how many times I have seen the ..."what size tire can I fit under an uncut" thread.

Sorry, I'm guilty. Thanks for not yelling at me guys.:-[ ;D

There are a few members here who can be a little grumpy, but for the most part everyone is willing to help out. I don't mind answering the same questions over and over. Most of the time the questions are asked by newbies who probably think they have a new question. We were all newbies at one time.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA

He responds to just about every for sale thread and more than often he has something negative to say. We all like to see the pics and figure for ourselves what we think they are worth but being a real jerk about it is pretty poor and reflects badly on the site and the EB community. Ripping them for selling their Bronco will not aid in getting them back here when they regret selling. As many have said 95% on here are positive, supportive and helpful but all it takes is a few to drive people away.

Not that you have to be all lovey dovey but if you dont have much good to say keep it to yourself or if you really feel the need to express your opinion, send a pm, no shame in that but ridiculing because you think you have a big internet weener is pretty poor judgment.

recoiljunky

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan, AL. USA
Stroll on over to Pirate4x4 and lurk their for a while. They give a whole new meaning to the word "asshole."

I've never run into nasty attitudes here.

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
The best part about this board is the brotherhood. I've been a member a long time and I've seen 'em come and go, but the true brotherhood feeling you get on this board always hands around. Don't let a few bad apples spoil it for you because chances are they'll be gone in a year anyway.

calger

Loc.
WESTERN ILLINOIS
He responds to just about every for sale thread and more than often he has something negative to say. We all like to see the pics and figure for ourselves what we think they are worth but being a real jerk about it is pretty poor and reflects badly on the site and the EB community. Ripping them for selling their Bronco will not aid in getting them back here when they regret selling. As many have said 95% on here are positive, supportive and helpful but all it takes is a few to drive people away.

Not that you have to be all lovey dovey but if you dont have much good to say keep it to yourself or if you really feel the need to express your opinion, send a pm, no shame in that but ridiculing because you think you have a big internet weener is pretty poor judgment.

Tito you read my mine!!!!

Itsa67

I definitely try to search first ask second but it seems to me that certain subjects can be difficult to search out even though the topics been posted a million times. I am referring to the times I have looked for certain subjects and had terms that were "too long, too short, or very common so ignored"...if there is an easy way around this I would love to know it as the search feature would be that much more powerful. Oh, and the flaming on this site is much less prevalent then what I have seen elsewhere (but it has been nastier lately). The Bronco community as a whole is a wonderful bunch.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I'll go out of my way to help someone with a question, or get a part shipped, or a hand fixing something.

However, when the "Don't be hatin' " crap starts, then all bets are off.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
...Not that you have to be all lovey dovey but if you dont have much good to say keep it to yourself or if you really feel the need to express your opinion, send a pm, no shame in that but ridiculing because you think you have a big internet weener is pretty poor judgment.

Amen to that brother!

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA

Guilty as charged of opening mouth and inserting foot. I also agree that Rob1962 is the smartest man he knows.

twbowhunter

try pirate4x4, i asked a simple question and got slamed by to guys (who i think must be butt buddys) im all good with setting me straight but dont start saying i should not have any more kids and that im retarted,then i looked at there profile,well there you go! these two have built the biggest piles of s$it i have seen!.point is we ask cause we dont know! or cant find what fits us in the faq threds! im done with my rant now but had these two not been 6hrs away, i would be giving a lesson in old fashion respect to both them!

scotts77

Loc.
Marietta, GA

HA HA , Right you are Tito ! Some guys need to keep their internet weener in their pants. :D

BooRae

Loc.
Abita Springs, LA
I can't imagine being so miserable with yourself that you have to treat people like that. I usually assume 'they' hide behind there keyboard and would cower facing the same people they are smart asses to over the web. If the same question or thread was never reposted, there wouldn't be any new posted. I feel you 1st Sgt, I'd say 22 years of serving you country has afforded you to privilege of asking questions that have already been asked.

BooRae

widowmaker77

Contributor
Im with you guys it burns my a$$ to get a smarta$$ reply to a question.What good does it do anybody other than make you feel like a man to do this to someone, especially a newbe with only a couple of posts that have no idea about the search feature.:mad:

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
BLAH BLAH BLAH ! So what makes the best donor for an EFI swap ? :)

Someone mentioned asking a question on a similiar thread to keep repeats down , if you didn't start the thread you get slammed for hijacking ... so damned if you do ,damned if ya don't.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
Just about everything has been asked at one time or anther so all we need to do is just have the search engine. Why bother gettining on the site.

I have noticed that some of the nice people that tend to shoot off the blunt try the search engine and don't wate space here response have responded hear like they are just trying to be helpful.

Same way my wife is being helpful when, well never mind. Those of of that are maried know the tone, and the look.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
One thing about the FAQ is that it is something you have to go and find, it isnt very up front. I am sure if it was easier to find and there was more of a guide towards it when starting a post or something there might be less repeat. Not a big deal to me but even sometimes I forget it is there.

horsewpt69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Industry, Pa
For what my two cents are worth, Broncos are in my blood and I never get tired of talking about them. There are those of us that are born with the love and those who are introduced into the Bronco world and need to be shown the way. If you pull into a gas station and someone comes up and asks you a question you've heard before about your rig, are you gonna try to make them feel like a fool by telling them you've already heard that question 1000's of times? Not me, I'm thrilled when someone shows interest in the Bronco and wants to know more about it. This should be the same attitude taken when someone is in need of help here, none of us knew it all from the get go.(Although some would like to think so) I say if anyone has a question, ask away, we all learn somethin new everyday.:cool:

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Hahaha, Just too funny

I hope you guys not talking about me.....%)