• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who has the worst mods by the previous owner?

Tuck

The PO didn't really mind rust in my 76. The battery tray is completely gone, along with the fender well under it. That didn't stop him though. He just bungeed the battery in (sits on its side). No need to worry about an acid leak...it would just drop through the rust hole & onto the ground.

I have the prized riveted floor pan in the 73.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
[quote author=bert link=board=5;threadid=17299;start=30#msg132787 date=1052794239]
Heh guys, I hate to be the one to point this out but these examples don't make it look like bronco owners are the sharpest knives in the drawer. LOL.
Its the sharp knives that recognize the problems and know how to fix them or ask a reliable source how to fix them.
I find the entire post very amusing.
[/quote]

I think the quality of shade tree mechanics has increased alot in recent years, largely due to forums like this one.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
This thread is hilarious. Here's what I've had to deal with:

About three tubes of silicone. And I'm talking about the big cartridges that you use with a caulking gun. Every time I pull up more of the carpeting, I find more of the stuff. The guy used it to patch every hole he could find.

Welded on front bumper. Good thing it's a cool bumper :-

Rear bumper was not welded on, but inbetween the rear framerails, a PO welded a crossmember in, so there is no way I can slide a new buper in there. I found this out after spending six hundred bucks on a nice Protofab rear bumper :mad:

Electric fuel pump mounted in the engine compartment, secured by nothing more than a couple of zip ties.

and the best of all, an aftermarket stereo system that was getting power from the turn signal wires. Every time I turned my blinker on, the radio would turn on and off with it. I guess the guy never used his blinkers....