• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wife: "I thought you said it was done?"

MartyG

Bronco Guru
Yet another variation on a familiar spousal discussion today:

Her: What do you mean your off to the wrecking yard? I thought you said it was all done? What did you just spend all that money on?!"
Me: "Honey...it's a hobby, I like tinkering on it. You like shoping at the mall..."
Her: "But there's stuff you need to do around the house. You still haven't fixed the screen on the window. The Blah Blah Blah needs fixing..."
Me: "It's an old house, there's always going to be stuff...."

Gives up. Hangs head. Sigh.

At least you guys understand me.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I understand. No sense fixing a screen yet that isn't going to be used until spring.

gslack

Loc.
Colorado Springs
my girlfriend is the same way lol, when she started doing theater on the weekends i did a dance to the bronco god because that meant i could finally use my saturdays to work on my bronco lol...

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
You need to lie a little bit. They all do, just like when they are wearing a new dress and you ask is it new and they say oh this old thing.

custom-cruiser

Loc.
Boise,ID
Yet another variation on a familiar spousal discussion today:

Her: What do you mean your off to the wrecking yard? I thought you said it was all done? What did you just spend all that money on?!"
Me: "Honey...it's a hobby, I like tinkering on it. You like shoping at the mall..."
Her: "But there's stuff you need to do around the house. You still haven't fixed the screen on the window. The Blah Blah Blah needs fixing..."
Me: "It's an old house, there's always going to be stuff...."

Gives up. Hangs head. Sigh.

At least you guys understand me.

Classic; My wife actually said last week "Project! I'll give you a Project!" then proceeded to babel on about vacuuming the heater vents or something.

I thought to myself (did not voice my opinion for fear of being grounded from the garage) "sounds like womens work to me" ;D

thesnake

Bronco Guru
LOL, my ex-wife said "she was done". Sold my 70 half cab to pony up the retainer for the lawyer. I miss that bronco.

myclsic69

Why are you looking in that catalog again! I thought you said you were done Buying parts for that THING! Hey, that looks pretty nice with paint on it. You've got to get the Bronco finished before the cruises start, what's taking so long to finish it?

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I couldn't believe it... she actually said last week with my head under the hood, "are you ever going to finish up with that?" I looked at her and said, "you've got to be kidding me" and laughed. Good thing she is very good at taking care of me. ;) FYI, she does dig my Bronco.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
You need to lie a little bit. They all do, just like when they are wearing a new dress and you ask is it new and they say oh this old thing.

I have had this since high school.............why don't you pay attention once in a while.....................

then you show her the tag still hangin on the darn thing

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
LOL, my ex-wife said "she was done". Sold my 70 half cab to pony up the retainer for the lawyer. I miss that bronco.

Yeah, went through the divorce myself recently! However, made sure that I signed my Bronco over to my Dad before the crap hit the fan officially! Can't divide up what I don't own! ;D

She wasn't happy! ;D

hardcharger

Loc.
San Diego
wife: "HOW MUCH IS YOUR BODYWORK GOIN TO COST???"
me: "X thousands of dollars"
wife: "but what about the porch on the house, the basement window, etc?"
me: "fine i'll sell the bronco and buy a new truck"
wife: "how much is a new truck"
me: "easily over 30k with no options"
wife: "i like the bronco"
me: "me too"

horsewpt69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Industry, Pa
I gotta tell ya, after hearin all these stories, I sure do have a winner on my hands!;D Here is one of OUR typical conversations about the Broncos:

wife: when are we gonna get started on "my Bronco"?
me: how did that become "your Bronco" all of a sudden?
wife: you already have one, so that next project is mine
wife(after driving a tube buggy crawler at the East Coast Roundup): we need to get the trailrig done!
me: well, you need to make up your mind what you want done first the nice one or the trail one?
wife: get the trail one done first, it will be done sooner than the nice one.
wife: besides, i can always drive "your Bronco" in the meantime!
later down the road, after some more thought about it. The next thing out of her mouth was: I wanna sell my 2010 Focus and get a nice daily driver Bronco to drive....

That girl sure warms my heart.....and no, none of you can have her!;D;D;D