• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

will there be another mass buy on bumpers?

rylsky

Loc.
Southern CA/NV
Hanson was at the Off-Road Expo in Pomona. I have been looking for a rear but I want a drivers side tire carrier. Well...with no specifics yet I was told there may be a modular system coming for the Bronco in a few weeks. That would mean the tire on either side as well as the utility gate. Evidently it is being done as the tire carrier is a wee to big and UPS deems it oversize. So to make it able to break down to ship it will become modular...rumor has it.

The only two issues with Hansons are price and availability. It is a freaking great bumper, just wish it was 25% less. Can always get a low riding Duff I suppose.

OP
OP
meathead333

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
rylsky said:
Hanson was at the Off-Road Expo in Pomona. I have been looking for a rear but I want a drivers side tire carrier. Well...with no specifics yet I was told there may be a modular system coming for the Bronco in a few weeks. That would mean the tire on either side as well as the utility gate. Evidently it is being done as the tire carrier is a wee to big and UPS deems it oversize. So to make it able to break down to ship it will become modular...rumor has it.

The only two issues with Hansons are price and availability. It is a freaking great bumper, just wish it was 25% less. Can always get a low riding Duff I suppose.

id be up for a mass buy on one of the new duff bumpers. *wink wink* ;D

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Hello guys,

I've got really good news........I spoke with Mr. Bailie and he is game for a Mass Buy....$400.00 for the Front Bumper. The best news is that his rear bumper will be ready in 4 weeks for shipping. He should have the prototype in 2 weeks, which I will get pictures of and post.

Check this out......you might be able to choose between a driver side rear tire carrier or passenger side. The carrier will have polyurethane bushings (no squeaks,etc.). The bumper will have a license plate bracket built-in with tag lights....!!!

He suspects the rear bumper to list for $475ish. A nice discount will apply to both bumpers or a front or a rear.

This guy is on the ball.......he is working on several other Bronco items that are sure to be the buzz with all EB owners.

You guys tell me...........do you want me to get the ball rolling with the Mass Buy??????? I will be glad to facilitate. He does accept paypal or will accept cashiers checks, personal checks or cash.

Dale B.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
bowhunter said:
Hello guys,

I've got really good news........I spoke with Mr. Bailie and he is game for a Mass Buy....$400.00 for the Front Bumper. The best news is that his rear bumper will be ready in 4 weeks for shipping. He should have the prototype in 2 weeks, which I will get pictures of and post.

Check this out......you might be able to choose between a driver side rear tire carrier or passenger side. The carrier will have polyurethane bushings (no squeaks,etc.). The bumper will have a license plate bracket built-in with tag lights....!!!

He suspects the rear bumper to list for $475ish. A nice discount will apply to both bumpers or a front or a rear.
Dale B.

Well i'm definately interested in the rear bumper so keep us posted. I'm eager to see the pics ;D

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Bigjhoov - I obviously met you at the round-up....who are you? lol.

To answer your question....yes, I have really big plans for the flares. Their going on the 71 sport that is getting ready to be torn apart and rebuilt. The goal is to have it done by next years round-up. Going to install a coil-over link in the rear and 4-link in the front. I promise that it will be climbing the rocks with you guys next year instead of sitting in the parking lot like "Crazy Horse" did!!

bigjhoov

nobody
No, I don't think we met. I just knew that you won the flares and several other items. I was the winner of the Bailie bumper. BTW, I dig your truck.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
I am in need of a rear tire carrier bumper. I was looking closely at James Duff's new plate bumper. Depending on where you guys go for the bumpers, I could be interested as well.

J.D.

my77rox

I really like the looks of both of the new Duff plate bumpers too- the price looks pretty good on them but a mass buy would be even better! BUT- I'm curious if anyone has any pictures of the Bailie bumpers ya'll are talking about?

BR

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
My77 - If you'll take a look at page one of this thread you'll find an orange bronco with the front winch bumper on it......that is the bumper I am talking about. I don't have pictures of the rear bumpers yet.....should have them in the next few weeks.

You can also go to www.bailiebilt.com to view the bumpers.

The front bumper is a three piece.

my77rox

bowhunter,

Sorry, I guess I got confused between this and the other thread. %) I saw the pics of the front bumpers-- WOW! :eek: I like the idea that the sides are replaceable- but do you think anyone would ever damage one of those?! They look pretty beefy! Do you know how much a complete bumper weighs? I was hoping to see pics of the rear- that's what I need to replace first- any time frame on those? Thanks

M

Miley

The front of my frame is slightly bobbed. How do Baileys mount up? (pics?) I always thought the stock bumper mounts on broncos sucked. It scares me that attach winches to what little metal is actually hanging out there.

James

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
Theres a lot of guys here on cb.com that I didn't have a chance to meet at OCBR. I wish I had though.

I would no doubt be interested in a back bumper with a driverside tire carrier from BB. I just hope it doesn't match the curve of the front. The curve looks good, but since I already have a front bumper (without a curve) I wouldn't want for it to look too out of place.

my77rox

I've seen it discussed a bunch, but I've never understood the logic behind the driver side tire carrier. If I'm not mistaken, most EB's already have a lean to that side from having more weight all the time ie; a driver and an auxilary gas tank... I can see the point of having it out of your line of site but are there other benefits I'm not getting? ?:?