• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

will there be another mass buy on bumpers?

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
I send BB an email asking about a rear bumper. Bowhunter, do you know if they are a tire carrier setup? I would also like a cooler rack too. Thanks!

J.D.

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
bowhunter,

Sorry, I guess I got confused between this and the other thread. I saw the pics of the front bumpers-- WOW! I like the idea that the sides are replaceable- but do you think anyone would ever damage one of those?! They look pretty beefy! Do you know how much a complete bumper weighs? I was hoping to see pics of the rear- that's what I need to replace first- any time frame on those? Thanks

You can go to www.bailiebilt.com to view the bumper and specs. Like I said before, this bumper uses 8 bolts to mount to the frame. It is much better than any other bumper I've seen so far. If you hurt this bumper, you've hurt a lot of other stuff as well.

Dale

bailiebilt

Sponsor/Vendor
Loc.
Sapulpa
We should have pictures of the back bumper, with an order option of driver or passenger side tire carrier, within a few weeks. As soon as pics are available, I will advise through the thread. They may be of the prototype and not the finished product.

The front bumper with bolt pack weighs 92 lbs.

Howdy, I am working on pictures at angles you requested.
We are very excited about Bailie Bilt being considered for a mass buy.

Any questions can be answered here or through our website, www.bailiebilt.com

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
bailiebilt said:
We should have pictures of the back bumper, with an order option of driver or passenger side tire carrier, within a few weeks. As soon as pics are available, I will advise through the thread. They may be of the prototype and not the finished product.

The front bumper with bolt pack weighs 92 lbs.

Howdy, I am working on pictures at angles you requested.
We are very excited about Bailie Bilt being considered for a mass buy.

Any questions can be answered here or through our website, www.bailiebilt.com
Bailey, I am a Ramsey lover, and do not wish to change as there are specs that are valuable to me on the Ramseys,
Would your bumper work with my #8000 Worm drive

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Bailiebilt - First off, congratulations on becoming a contributer......looking forward to some pictures of that sweet little half cab of yours.

Second, thanks for coming on here to help answer any questions regarding your bumpers. I've been trying to answer as many questions as possible.....!!

I am very excited to see the pictures of the rear bumpers......!! Are you still considering building the rear with the tire carrier on the drivers side?

So now that you've become a contributer and had a chance to read this thread, will you be interested in offering up your bumpers for a mass buy (as soon as your rear bumpers are done)? I need one of your rears and I want a driver side carrier!!

Thanks,

Dale B.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
bailiebilt said:
We should have pictures of the back bumper, with an order option of driver or passenger side tire carrier, within a few weeks.

Dale it looks like they will. May I ask why you want one on the drivers side? I am just trying to work through exactly what I want. I sent an email asking if they have plans to make one with a cooler rack as well and have not heard back yet. I sure hope so!!

J.D.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
74BroncoCO said:
Dale it looks like they will. May I ask why you want one on the drivers side?
J.D.

Many people opt to put the tire on the drivers side to get it out of your field of view through the rear view mirror. A big 35" or 38" tire can block out a good prtion of what you see behind you. Hope that helps.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Yeah, that's a good idea. I sorta thought that's what it was, but I just didn't know. That's the one thing I don't like about a tire-carrier bumper. But that's the best option IMO.

J.D.

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
TJK hit it on the head 74.............get the tire out of your field of view. Plus, it is different. Everyone has the passenger side carrier and no one is making it for the drivers. I like the idea of being able to see the embossed FORD on the tailgate.........maybe I won't get as many........"Nice Heep" comments!! LOL

Dale

P.S>
I've talked with Gordon Bailie........he definitely has some great ideas for the rear bumper. He doesn't have any accessories (cooler rack, Jerry can, etc.) right now, but I'm sure they will be coming in the very near future.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Thanks Dale! I didn't think about a tire covering the FORD either. That's a good eye for detail! Depending on how soon they try thier hand at accessories depends on if I'll go with them or not. I can afford to do this once and it's got to fit my needs. We'll see what they come up with soon!

J.D.

wilson

My wife bought this for me at OBCR, nice bumper Gorden :)

Attachments

• DVC00002.JPG
    DVC00002.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 135

Triggerman

Loc.
Henderson TN
Bailie Built - Awsome product

Hey Guys

Just joined, first post. I want to let everyone know how awsome the Bailie Built bumper is. The modular design is one of the best ideas in bumpers I have seen, especially for my situation. I was the first to buy a center section only because my front fenders and grill are bobbed (see Trigger at thebroncodoctor.com, bumper pics soon to come). Its one of the most tucked-in winch bumpers you will find, and provides a great approach angle, especially when you cutt off 3.5 inches of the frame and recess the bumper that much more. Cant wait for the rear to come out!

Adam Harris
Project Trigger

bailiebilt

Sponsor/Vendor
Loc.
Sapulpa
FEITCTAJ - Concerning the Ramsey 8000 worm drive, our bolt pattern for winch footprint is 10x4.5" (the most common for all winches up to 12,000lbs) At most you may need to trim upper flange with cut-off wheel or grinder. This may not be necessary for a fit. Please view the picture provided by Wilson (post #52). Their winch is a 9000lb Ramsey

74BroncoCo - a cooler rack will definitely be coming by the end of 1st quarter 2006...hope that is not too long!

Bowhunter...Yes, Bailie Bilt is up for a mass buy! The front bumper is available now and we are able to provide it through the mass buy at a special rate of $400 + shipping.

Rear bumpers are scheduled for availability by mid-November with spare tire carrier (choice of driver or passenger side). Pricing to come...

Triggerman - Trigger looks like it is going to be quite a MONSTER! Great job!

Triggerman

Loc.
Henderson TN
Bailie Built center section pics on Bronco

Hey guys and gals

Got some pics online of the awsome Balie Built front center section only on Trigger this morning. Check it out and tell me what you think (of bumper or Trigger ;D ) I cut 3 inches off the end of the frame for extra recessing, eaisly done since removing the stock core support. Here is the link:

www.rblewis.net/personal/bronco/adam75/bumpers/bumpers.html

Triggerman

Loc.
Henderson TN
Bailie Built bumper pic

Here is a pic of the bumper. More to come hopefully!

Attachments

• bumper2 sized.JPG
    bumper2 sized.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 50