• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windsor pulleys

adagr

Loc.
Newdale, Id 83436
I just purchases a 77 bronco that had a windsor already installed in it, only it wasn't done very well at all. The crankshaft pulley and the water pump pulley actually scrape on each other. The crankshaft pulley appears to be homemade or something. I went junkyard shopping and couldn't find anything like it at all. I found some out of some full size pickup's that looked like they might work, but they stuck out so far I'm worried about my fan finding my radiator. What pulleys do you guys use on your windsors? I don't want to buy aftermarket ones if I can help it, since i'm on a pretty tight budget. Thank you for your help.

74bronc

Bronco Guru
I am not sure if this will help you at all, but I used the original EB pulleys off my 302 when I did my conversion. The problem that most people run into on this conversion is that all Windsors built after 1970 had a 4 bolt harmonic balancer and the pulley mounting surface on these balancers sticks out about 1 inch too far to use the factor EB pulley. All 302 EB's had a 3 bolt harmonic balancer, so that pulley wont bolt on the 351W harmonic balancer. So, alot of people rig up a 4 bolt pulley system like the person did on your rig. The easy way to fix your problem is to:<br><br>1) Locate a set of EB pulleys (water pump & 3-bolt harmonic balancer)<br><br>2) Find a 1969 or 70 3 bolt 351W harmonic balancer and bolt it on and go<br><br>3) Seeing as the 69 and 70 351W balancers are hard to find, an EB 302 balancer shouldn't be hard to find. You can use it as long as you remark it with the 351W timing marks. The early 302's and all 351W's used the 28.2oz. standard Ford balancer, which is why these parts are compatible. <br><br><br>I hope this rambling made sense. I would contact some of the EB used parts guys and see if they can get you a set of pulleys. I think Tom's Bronco, Wild Horses and Jeff's can all get used EB stuff.