• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiring power seats

rojo23

Loc.
Ashland, VA
i recently picked up 2 2016 power mustang seats. These are non-memory seat, but are power. I was able to hook up a battery pack and get the motors to move. I found the positive and ground wiring in the seat harness. When I wire them directly do I just need a power wire and a ground? Would I need any change of relay?

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
IDK what "change of relay" means. Ford wired early power seats directly into the power lock circuit, so they're always on. If that seat control is only capable of powering 1 motor at a time, you'd need ~10A fuse or C.B.; if it can run several at once, maybe ~20A. If you plan to use the body to ground the seats, make sure the body is properly grounded back to the B- post.

OP
OP
R

rojo23

Loc.
Ashland, VA
IDK what "change of relay" means. Ford wired early power seats directly into the power lock circuit, so they're always on. If that seat control is only capable of powering 1 motor at a time, you'd need ~10A fuse or C.B.; if it can run several at once, maybe ~20A. If you plan to use the body to ground the seats, make sure the body is properly grounded back to the B- post.
Not really sure what it means either, fingers are faster than my brain sometimes. I was just asking if I would need a relay or just wire a hot and ground. Thanks

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
I have the seats out of 2015 mustang convertible and just have the hot and ground wired up directly. No problems..................

DC_Gearhead

56a4c3db72b59889c46ac7a7a6d080df.jpg

fca7196b55779e8a65a6fd0c10f76d4f.jpg

a3813560fac04bed5c44218f72435248.jpg

I bought Tesla seats and just tested wires in the harness until I found the right ones. Then made this cool switch panel. The push buttons are for seat heaters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
Nice seats! I know Tesla used Recaro back in the day but I think now they build them in house.